The Student Room Group

Cambridge real estate finance 17/18

Hey guys,

Has anyone submitted or started with their application for this course?
Figured I'll start a new thread for everyone to share their application process and maybe some past experience

Thanks!
Reply 1
anyone?
Will definitely be applying later in the year or early next year. Have filled out some of the application, but I won't be submitting it until I've made my mind up about the academic reference as it's been a few years since I graduated and I'm not sure who I will contact. I imagine that the application reviewers place a good deal of importance on the references (just a guess) so I want to avoid asking someone who will send something generic.

I'm surprised at how little detail is requested in the application in general, actually. I suppose the reviewers don't want to have to read through pages of information, but I definitely worry about how we are supposed to make our applications stand out when we can provide so little detail! Deadline this year is 15 March 2017, but will be hoping to have it in well before then.

Are you applying anywhere else? Had considered applying to LSE's MSc REEF myself, but having second thoughts now and most probably only going to apply for this Cambridge course.
Reply 3
Original post by realestate
Will definitely be applying later in the year or early next year. Have filled out some of the application, but I won't be submitting it until I've made my mind up about the academic reference as it's been a few years since I graduated and I'm not sure who I will contact. I imagine that the application reviewers place a good deal of importance on the references (just a guess) so I want to avoid asking someone who will send something generic.

I'm surprised at how little detail is requested in the application in general, actually. I suppose the reviewers don't want to have to read through pages of information, but I definitely worry about how we are supposed to make our applications stand out when we can provide so little detail! Deadline this year is 15 March 2017, but will be hoping to have it in well before then.

Are you applying anywhere else? Had considered applying to LSE's MSc REEF myself, but having second thoughts now and most probably only going to apply for this Cambridge course.

HI I am also considering LSE and CASS and would like to get the application done as soon as possible. But it seems like no one else here has started...
Hey guys, just to let you know theres another thread on this subject here - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=67920814&t=4303466#post67920814 - where there have been a few posts.

It may be useful to share profiles or any insight into the application process? I have spoken with someone who did the course last year, I was told the applicants will be judged by a panel and will be very much focused on your academia! In terms of academia how strong are you guys? My attendance and effort was poor last year but managed to scrape dead on 70.. not sure if that'll be strong enough though?
Reply 5
BUMP
Reply 6
My statues changed to: Awaiting Decision by BoGs

What does that mean?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending