Help me name this movie

ReputationRep:
    Someone recommended a movie to me a few months ago, but since I deleted my browser's history and my chat logs and notes, I don't have a record of it anymore.

Thus, I shall provide you with all the clues for you to guess it please:

- the description is something in the lines of: "after the vanishing/disappearance of the kids in a town, a deputy sheriff searches for answers to find out what it's all about. However, the kid (protagonist) starts looking before him."

- high IMDB score (8-9/10)
    - has a sophisticated, scientific, adventurous-sounding title
    - it's a movie series
    - involves a bunch of missing kids haunted by a monster

- season 1, episode 1 features an opening scene where a panicked scientist at a research laboratory is running through the halls, terrified because something is following him. He reaches an elevator, looks up and gets killed by some type of unknown monster.
    Later, a bunch of kids playing a board game in the basement at night. When they go home, one of them gets followed into the woods on his bike, drops his bike and gets haunted by this unknown monster who follows him to his house, into his tool shed garden house. The monster's name is 'Daechadron' or something (a tri-headed monster that looks like an alien from aliens or the spider zombie from the game '7 days to die'). The kids continue to search for their friend after his disappearance the previous night.
    In another scene, a hungry, bald, 7 year old girl - whose history is unknown - shows up and steals the fries off the kitchen of a diner. Some big bald guy (the owner) catches her and asks her for her story in return for food. Somewhere later in an episode, scientists investigate the area of the crime (where the scientist got killed by the monster) and they find slime all over a wall in a lab.

- I'm not sure if the title has "the adventures of" or "Dr." in it
    - recent (2008-2016 era)
    - scientific experiment involving a monster who keeps going after kids
    - involves a lazy deputy sheriff/mayor who doesn't take it all too serious in the beginning

Meanwhile I'll keep looking, but I have been searching for some hours now.
    Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Stranger things

What Mooney said.

ReputationRep:
    Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssss sss I found it!!! I used the tagline for it! The movie's name is 'Stranger things'!

Here's the movie!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4574334/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Woohoow, I can continue watching it! Great acting, great story! Suspension as well!

ReputationRep:
    You guys are fast! Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Out of curiosity, what gave it away for you?

ReputationRep:
    Is this movie is good?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mhairtransplant)
    Is this movie is good?
    I've only watched the first episode and I can tell you I think it's good, based on the following characteristics:

- good story
    - great suspense that leaves you wondering the whole time
    - good acting
    - good cast that stays in character
    - good theme

ReputationRep:
    It's not a movie. It's a TV show.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    It's not a movie. It's a TV show.
    No one cares.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 571122)
    No one cares.
    Clearly you do or you a) wouldn't have made a thread about it and b) wouldn't have replied to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Clearly you do or you a) wouldn't have made a thread about it and b) wouldn't have replied to me.
    No one cares.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mhairtransplant)
    Is this movie is good?
    It's bloody fantastic. If your a fan of movies or tv or anything really, I'd highly recommended it. It's available on Netflix right now with a 2nd season in production.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Audrius,C)
    It's bloody fantastic. If your a fan of movies or tv or anything really, I'd highly recommended it. It's available on Netflix right now with a 2nd season in production.
    Thanks i will definitely watched this TV show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 571122)
    I've only watched the first episode and I can tell you I think it's good, based on the following characteristics:

- good story
    - great suspense that leaves you wondering the whole time
    - good acting
    - good cast that stays in character
    - good theme
    Ok i will watch this show soon.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 1, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you prefer to be told about sex by your:
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.