Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Connecting to StudentCom from Xbox One

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'll explain my situation. I've moved to university and brought my Xbox One with me but had planned to stream the picture to my laptop so I wouldn't need to bring a monitor/TV. However, to do this, I need to be connected to the wifi on my Xbox, and without a monitor this is obviously very difficult. I have already added the MAC Address of my console to StudentCom so all I need to do (hopefully) is go on the Xbox and connect. I was wondering if someone could possibly tell me which buttons to press to connect as I'm a bit stuck otherwise. I'm pretty certain I've navigated to the screen where you select a wireless network as I wrote down the steps at home, but after selecting StudentCom I'm assuming there is another step as it isn't connecting straight away and I can't see what the next step is as there's no screen. Sorry for the long and slightly ridiculous request but any help is massively appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tjwilliams555)
    Hi,

I'll explain my situation. I've moved to university and brought my Xbox One with me but had planned to stream the picture to my laptop so I wouldn't need to bring a monitor/TV. However, to do this, I need to be connected to the wifi on my Xbox, and without a monitor this is obviously very difficult. I have already added the MAC Address of my console to StudentCom so all I need to do (hopefully) is go on the Xbox and connect. I was wondering if someone could possibly tell me which buttons to press to connect as I'm a bit stuck otherwise. I'm pretty certain I've navigated to the screen where you select a wireless network as I wrote down the steps at home, but after selecting StudentCom I'm assuming there is another step as it isn't connecting straight away and I can't see what the next step is as there's no screen. Sorry for the long and slightly ridiculous request but any help is massively appreciated!

As far as I can tell it wont connect via wifi because it needs to go through a login page which Xbox wont do . What seems to have worked for me is using an ethernet cable on my laptop initially then logging in via laptop and immediately switching the cable to xbox. I've downloaded an update so it seems to be online but i'lll only confirm when i can play games online. So my advice get ethernet

ps it wont work if you jus stick the cable into the xbox because it still needs to login. so laptop first then switch

ReputationRep:
    Or just buy a cheap second hand monitor or tv.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: September 29, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.