Turn on thread page Beta

Any sufi muslims? watch

ReputationRep:
    Are there any? or am I the only one?

try asking in the i-soc :s if its still called that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dh00001)
    try asking in the i-soc :s if its still called that
    I got heckled out of there due to my *moderate* **views** lol.

ah i see. sorry cant help then, you will have to wait for one to find this thread

ReputationRep:
    Try D&D Religion in the Ask a Muslim thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hafzal)
    I got heckled out of there due to my *moderate* **views** lol.
    That's ghey. Hmmmm...

I don't like religious conservatives, they bring me out in a rash in any faith. Go back and show them the world is more liberal than they care to accept is my advice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sidhe)
    That's ghey. Hmmmm...

I don't like religious conservatives, they bring me out in a rash in any faith. Go back and show them the world is more liberal than they care to accept is my advice.
    Whats the point? Its me against all their twisted ideologies. I feel like I'm the only muslim on this forum that can think outside the box and not accept what is on the cover

ReputationRep:
    Whats the point? Its me against all their twisted ideologies. I feel like I'm the only muslim on this forum that can think outside the box and not accept what is on the cover

that's just you being arrogant :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sundous)
    that's just you being arrogant :mad:
    have a read dude of what they say. Apparently, those who don't read 5x a day are classed as 'kafr' or non-believer which is utter B.S.

ReputationRep:
    Sadly you may be right, I don't think it's a faith that is often given to original thought atm, Or questions or philosophy of religion, although it was when it started, and beyond: Muslim poets, philosphers and idealists were an intrinsic part of the faiths development,the Sufi movement depends upon this, and to be frank if you can't question faith, then what is it but brain washing? What are you doing but accepting that only x is true, and there can be no discourse? Where is the move to move, to flicker like a candle, to be changing by thought.

Not a Muslim by the way, but I can understand your problems, in my faith or lack of it: Christianity, I meet people like this all the time, where questioning things is seen as against it's faith, where they just want to bury their heads in the sand and see everything as already answered by x. Luckily though the Bible asks you not to do this, it asks you to ask in order to evolve; any religion that doesn't is going to stagnate, and is going to remain in the past. The world turns- if you don't then you will always be looking backward and it's your loss.

ReputationRep:
    have a read dude of what they say. Apparently, those who don't read 5x a day are classed as 'kafr' or non-believer which is utter B.S.
    I highly doubt they "excluded" (if you want to call it that) you from the thread just because of your views. I've read some of your post and they were rather snotty and you were basically talking down on people and mocking them just because their views differ from yours. That's probably the reason you're not welcome there.

So don't come giving the b.s. that you're the only "moderate" muslim on this site because frankly, that's just plain arrogance and is bound to piss people off :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sundous)
    I highly doubt they "excluded" (if you want to call it that) you from the thread just because of your views. I've read some of your post and they were rather snotty and you were basically talking down on people and mocking them just because their views differ from yours. That's probably the reason you're not welcome there.

So don't come giving the b.s. that you're the only "moderate" muslim on this site because frankly, that's just plain arrogance and is bound to piss people off :rolleyes:
    If questioning their views and trying to encourage an open and theological conversation is "snotty" and "talking down to people" then yes. yes i was.

ReputationRep:
    Whatever makes you sleep at night.

ReputationRep:
    Cyanide helps me.

ReputationRep:
    Hafzal, you insulted every other Muslim on TSR, called them extremists and was very rude. You almost make out that you were a "victim" when in fact, as clear as crystal, you were the (one and only) offender.

Everyone told you that your sig is offensive, yet, after fully well knowing this, you made your sig even worse. I feel sorry for you, and anyone would be ashamed if they said what you said. What's even worse, you don't even realise that you're at fault, let alone think about apologising.

Believe me, you're worse than those trolls such as Astor and the like. You're so rude and ignorant, it's unbelievable.

Insufferable.

---

To answer your question; yes, there are a few Sufis on TSR.

ReputationRep:
    Believe me, you're worse than those trolls such as Astor and the like.
    Oh, I beg to differ... ;dry;

ReputationRep:
    Believe me, you're worse than those trolls such as Astor and the like. You're so rude and ignorant, it's unbelievable.
    Alimente pas les trolls! :troll:

ReputationRep:
    Some of the chat that goes on in I-SOC is ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, there's some great Muslim members on here, but some are blatant hate preaching bigots.

Have you read what some of the zealots write in there? LOL. Flippin' brain washed hajis.

Pull your finger out moderators.

ReputationRep:
    Wow there's certainly two sides to this story. I wonder if The conservative machine was negging the OP, or sending nasty pm's. Come on let's have some dirt. This is chat, the perfect place for mud and detritus

ReputationRep:
    I think I'll take a wander down to this Islamic society...

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.