Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

When to apply for medicine?? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hiya! I'm aiming to study medicine once I've wrapped up sxith year (I'm currently in fifth) but I'm a tad confused about when to apply? I've been browsing through a few university websites and some are stating that entry to Medicine isn't considered after fifth year however I've been told that I've to apply after I complete my highers and am in sixth year. I would really appreciate it if someone could clear this up for me, thanks!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yas___min)
    Hiya! I'm aiming to study medicine once I've wrapped up sxith year (I'm currently in fifth) but I'm a tad confused about when to apply? I've been browsing through a few university websites and some are stating that entry to Medicine isn't considered after fifth year however I've been told that I've to apply after I complete my highers and am in sixth year. I would really appreciate it if someone could clear this up for me, thanks!!!
    Hello
    By this the universities mean you cannot start the course until you have completed sixth year (i.e they will not accept people who apply to start uni at the end of S5).
    Assuming you don't want to take a gap year, you would apply for the deadline of 15th October 2017 (medicine, vet med, dentistry and Oxbridge UCAS deadline is earlier than other degrees), in order to start in September 2018. This would be just after you start S6, in order to go to uni straight after you finish school.
    Hope this helps

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.