Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So this may seem a little bit a bit of a weird question. I'm not really a very sporty person, I mean I cycle (a lot) but that's about it. I'm just wondering really if I was to study electrical and electronics engineering or a similar engineering course just how sports orientated the course and student life would be and if other students around me would be really into certain types of sports because I feel I'd miss out if that's the case. Thanks .
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by profjb)
    So this may seem a little bit a bit of a weird question. I'm not really a very sporty person, I mean I cycle (a lot) but that's about it. I'm just wondering really if I was to study electrical and electronics engineering or a similar engineering course just how sports orientated the course and student life would be and if other students around me would be really into certain types of sports because I feel I'd miss out if that's the case. Thanks .
    Hi profjb

Great to hear your thinking of studying at Loughborough :cool:
    Although we're really well known for sport, we're really good at a lot of other things too.
    There are a lot of people who aren't in to sport, so you won't be on your own.

Your course wouldn't have any sport in it. Wednesday afternoons are allocated to sport (independently of your course) but there is so much choice you might find something new you'd like to have a go at. There is a cycling club for a start!
    Have a look here under the Get Involved tab for info on what's available - we also have recreational sport, so it's not all about rugby or running!
    It's not compulsory - so if you really didn't fancy doing anything at all, it wouldn't be a problem.

Our engineering faculty is amazing, so I'd be inclined to make sure that the courses we offer match what you want, rather than focusing on the sports side as it really won't alienate you - there are lots of students the same as you.

Hope this helps
    Vicky

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.