I'm an extrovert who only has 2 friends.

Announcements

I'm 19 rn and I only have two friends. In secondary school, I was the 'loud' popular girl who had loads of friends. Then I went to a sixth form college and it all changed. I lost my old friends (just drifted away from each other) and although I made my 2 best friends there, it was just an isolating experience.. I just started working at a place where everyone is around the same age as me and they all have their 'squad' which they always talk about and the 'no new friends' mentality and I just feel like such a loner at times because I'm an 'outgoing' person with 2 friends.

I've just started uni and I'm commuting from home so that makes it really difficult to make friends already. I met the people on my course this week and they all seemed really anti-social (most of them were guys) and the girls just stuck to their phones and spoke about their mates from home.

So basically my question is how do I go about making really good friends at uni? Are there any good, interactive societies people recommend? Also how can I make friends outside of uni because it seems as if at my age everyone has already formed their squad? I feel like such a loser writing this out but I'm just so fed up rn

ReputationRep:
    You just have to join societies you will enjoy and go to the events where you will definitely make friends

ReputationRep:
    See what societies your uni have to offer and see which one appeals most to you. And if you wanted to, you could attend events that uni may have going on

And for making friends outside of uni, maybe join a club, or if you haven't got one already, maybe get a part-time job?

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by ohhello92x)
    See what societies your uni have to offer and see which one appeals most to you. And if you wanted to, you could attend events that uni may have going on

And for making friends outside of uni, maybe join a club, or if you haven't got one already, maybe get a part-time job?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I already have a part time job but they're very much set with their group of friends if ygm and I'm not really sure how people join clubs outside of uni cause I'm not very sporty or artistic :/

ReputationRep:
    I thought extroverts were really good at picking up that highly sought after skill which was: engaging with people in a highly professional manner, even if they never saw the same person more than once?
    If you have that, you'd be so full of confidence that it doesn't really matter how many friends you have, you just talk to anyone the same way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I already have a part time job but they're very much set with their group of friends if ygm and I'm not really sure how people join clubs outside of uni cause I'm not very sporty or artistic :/
    Ah ok yeah

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by shawn_o1)
    I thought extroverts were really good at picking up that highly sought after skill which was: engaging with people in a highly professional manner, even if they never saw the same person more than once?
    If you have that, you'd be so full of confidence that it doesn't really matter how many friends you have, you just talk to anyone the same way
    I can engage with people. I'm always referred to as bubbly, confident and funny etc but when I genuinely think about it most of the people I know are acquaintances. I only have 2 real friends...

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 26, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
What is your favourite day of the week

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.