The Student Room Group

How many hours of homework are you apparently set each week??

I need to check if the amount im getting is normal becuse damn I am up till 11 on weekdays and especially sunday :/, or maybe my time management sucks
Original post by SuperHuman98
I need to check if the amount im getting is normal becuse damn I am up till 11 on weekdays and especially sunday :/, or maybe my time management sucks

There's nothing wrong with staying up that late.
However if you think that 11 is late you need to ask yourself if you enjoy doing your subjects?

If you're leaving it till last minute the night before you're either too busy procrastination or just lazy. - Time management has nothing to do with this.

I'm assuming you have free/study periods also.

You cannot quantify the amount of hours it takes for homework, it's dependent on how efficient you are...

If you think your time management sucks you should probs sort it.
If you don't have a part time job you should question yourself what makes you feel so busy.
Wayy too much man
Every weekend our maths class has to watch 2 hours of videos, do a "3 hour" homework (more like 1 afternoon :frown:) , EPQ - well I have to have the first draft in by next HT so fml, Chemistry = test a week, Physics = test a week and I have pages of questions to do before it :frown:
Glad I dropped French otherwise m8 I'd be actually dead
Reply 3
It feels like I'm always doing work.
But on weekdays I finish homework at 6pm to then follow on revision or research for the next hour.
Though, I have quite a few frees in my day so I use those to do work as well.

That's just what I've found works for me. Experiment and see what is most effective for you. Maybe try a new technique in your working habits? Do you make the most of your frees?
0 at the moment!
But am starting my uni course in a week.
Gotta manage that with full time work!
Greatttttttt...... :frown:
Original post by aamirac
It feels like I'm always doing work.
But on weekdays I finish homework at 6pm to then follow on revision or research for the next hour.
Though, I have quite a few frees in my day so I use those to do work as well.

That's just what I've found works for me. Experiment and see what is most effective for you. Maybe try a new technique in your working habits? Do you make the most of your frees?

I barely have any frees, the ones I have are a few before one of my lessons so I use them to pre read/do homework for that lesson
I usually finish my homework before I get home. If I don't, then I finish that before continuing further study.
Original post by SuperHuman98
I barely have any frees, the ones I have are a few before one of my lessons so I use them to pre read/do homework for that lesson

I'm not one to talk however every A grade student does this sometimes...
However you need to get in the habit of doing homework ASAP or else you'll just die at Uni
Original post by Maths is Life
I'm not one to talk however every A grade student does this sometimes...
However you need to get in the habit of doing homework ASAP or else you'll just die at Uni

Hmm yeah I see, Im going to start trying day its set
Idk right now (year 12) I'm actually getting less work than I did last year. For Maths + FM, I usually get set a few questions a lesson but they're pretty quick to get through / I enjoy Maths so it doesn't really feel like work. For Bio + Chem, I get the odd sheet now and then, but most of my work is stuff I set myself ie. doing the summary questions in the textbook and making notes as I go along :smile:
weekly homework from each subject ( I do 4)
the time spent on each varies from week to week(it can be from 10 minutes to 2hrs on each subject)
the fact I have a part time job and play league football can make doing homework frustrating at times

Quick Reply

Latest