Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone want to share advice on writing pharmacy personal statements or share theirs? I wasn't going to apply for pharmacy in the first place however my UKCAT score was low so I don't know how to start off writing a personal statement for pharmacy.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Check out the advice for writing medicine PSs (subject guidance in my signature below). It's the same type of PS for pharmacy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2016KK)
    Anyone want to share advice on writing pharmacy personal statements or share theirs? I wasn't going to apply for pharmacy in the first place however my UKCAT score was low so I don't know how to start off writing a personal statement for pharmacy.
    I'm in the same situation as you, so are you going to apply to any medical schools this year?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I was in the same position as you a few years ago, I completely get what you mean....I found it tough to show my (non existent) enthusiasm for pharmacy in a ps hahah
    You can pm me with your email address and i can send you mine if I can find it, if you like?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beansontoast92)
    Hey, I was in the same position as you a few years ago, I completely get what you mean....I found it tough to show my (non existent) enthusiasm for pharmacy in a ps hahah
    You can pm me with your email address and i can send you mine if I can find it, if you like?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can you email your personal statement to me too please, I have a medicine personal statement done but my UKCAT score was low, so now I need to write a pharmacy personal statement. I have no work experience relating to pharmacy either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rahavi9)
    Can you email your personal statement to me too please, I have a medicine personal statement done but my UKCAT score was low, so now I need to write a pharmacy personal statement. I have no work experience relating to pharmacy either.
    Yh definitely! Pm me with your email address
    Dw as far as I'm aware, having pharmacy related work experience isn't necessary but obs it is recommended so you have a bit more to talk about in interviews and your ps etc.
    Have you tried to organise one recently? Even if it's for a day or the weekend, something is better than nothing at all

Ahh noo! What was your ukcat score if you don't mind me asking? If you are gonna apply, apply to your strengths for the med schools, and you never know, they may have lower cut offs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yh definitely! Pm me with your email address
    Dw as far as I'm aware, having pharmacy related work experience isn't necessary but obs it is recommended so you have a bit more to talk about in interviews and your ps etc.
    Have you tried to organise one recently? Even if it's for a day or the weekend, something is better than nothing at all

Ahh noo! What was your ukcat score if you don't mind me asking? If you are gonna apply, apply to your strengths for the med schools, and you never know, they may have lower cut offs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I sent you a message yesterday. I am not sure if you received it or not. I got 600 in my UKCAT. If you haven't seen my message can you pm me and I'll send you my email address.
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    I sent you a message yesterday. I am not sure if you received it or not. I got 600 in my UKCAT. If you haven't seen my message can you pm me and I'll send you my email address.
    Thank you
    I'm not sure why I didn't get it, but anyways I've just sent you a pm, can send me your email address
    Let me know if you haven't got it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you
    That wasn't that low, you still could have applied! Have you gotten any offers yet for pharm?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just saw this, thank you for offering

ReputationRep:
    I know exactly which things you shouldn't do:
    Don't try and cram a lot in - instead of listing everything you have done, just focus on a couple of samples and get into the detail.
    Don't feel you have to stick to a template or formula.
    Don't forget to answer the one of main questions, 'why should we give you a place on the program / course?'.
    Also, see good personal statement sample - link

ReputationRep:
    That wasn't that low, you still could have applied! Have you gotten any offers yet for pharm?
    Yeah I do have offers for pharmacy, I didn't want to risk it as most people had a UKCAT score of above 650.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
    Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Find your perfect uni course

Don't know where to apply? Let our uni match maker be your guide

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.