The Student Room Group

What do I do to prepare for Uni Lectures/classes?

The presentations aren't uploaded online but I have checked out some of the textbooks from the course's reading list (biomedical science). My question is how do I make myself most ready for the first few weeks of learning?

Should I make notes on the first few chapters or wait until I start the course?
Original post by WannaBMedStudent
The presentations aren't uploaded online but I have checked out some of the textbooks from the course's reading list (biomedical science). My question is how do I make myself most ready for the first few weeks of learning?

Should I make notes on the first few chapters or wait until I start the course?

You really don't need to do much until your course starts. The only thing I'd recommend doing is getting yourself sorted with all the content you'll need, such as reading material and textbooks. You could even print off some of the lecture notes ready so you can annotate them during the lecture, but otherwise you don't really need to do any reading until university starts. Of course, the decision is entirely up to you, and it may be good to develop the habit of reading materials regularly so it doesn't turn into a chore when you arrive.
Original post by Eloades11
You really don't need to do much until your course starts. The only thing I'd recommend doing is getting yourself sorted with all the content you'll need, such as reading material and textbooks. You could even print off some of the lecture notes ready so you can annotate them during the lecture, but otherwise you don't really need to do any reading until university starts. Of course, the decision is entirely up to you, and it may be good to develop the habit of reading materials regularly so it doesn't turn into a chore when you arrive.

Thanks this really helped

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending