Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do I do to prepare for Uni Lectures/classes? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    The presentations aren't uploaded online but I have checked out some of the textbooks from the course's reading list (biomedical science). My question is how do I make myself most ready for the first few weeks of learning?

Should I make notes on the first few chapters or wait until I start the course?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WannaBMedStudent)
    The presentations aren't uploaded online but I have checked out some of the textbooks from the course's reading list (biomedical science). My question is how do I make myself most ready for the first few weeks of learning?

Should I make notes on the first few chapters or wait until I start the course?
    You really don't need to do much until your course starts. The only thing I'd recommend doing is getting yourself sorted with all the content you'll need, such as reading material and textbooks. You could even print off some of the lecture notes ready so you can annotate them during the lecture, but otherwise you don't really need to do any reading until university starts. Of course, the decision is entirely up to you, and it may be good to develop the habit of reading materials regularly so it doesn't turn into a chore when you arrive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eloades11)
    You really don't need to do much until your course starts. The only thing I'd recommend doing is getting yourself sorted with all the content you'll need, such as reading material and textbooks. You could even print off some of the lecture notes ready so you can annotate them during the lecture, but otherwise you don't really need to do any reading until university starts. Of course, the decision is entirely up to you, and it may be good to develop the habit of reading materials regularly so it doesn't turn into a chore when you arrive.
    Thanks this really helped

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.