The Student Room Group

Glasgow School of Art 2017 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone heard about the painting and printmaking course?
Has anybody heard from fashion??
Original post by uvsarah12
Hi! i've applied to the GSA for textiles design, haven't heard back yet concerning interviews but fingers crossed!! is anyone else applying for textiles? :smile:

I applied for textiles as well! I sent my online portfolio off ages ago but haven't heard anything back yet, but it's my second choice uni so I'm not too worried!
where else did you apply? i also applied to edinburgh (photography) which is my first choice
I applied for Painting and Printmaking! If anyone gets an interview let us know!
Got an interview for BA communication design today!
Original post by hannahlpg
Got an interview for BA communication design today!

Congratulations!!!
What time did you get your invitation at? Also when did you send your e folio?
Original post by Nysm1501
What time did you get your invitation at? Also when did you send your e folio?

Thanks!! I recieved the email this morning at half 9 :smile: I sent off my eportfolio on the 22nd January x
Thanks!! I recieved the email this morning at half 9 :smile: I sent off my eportfolio on the 22nd January x

Thank you!! I'm constantly checking my emails but haven't had anything :frown: when have you booked your interview for??
Thank you!! I'm constantly checking my emails but haven't had anything :frown: when have you booked your interview for??

As I have to fly up to Glasgow I booked the latest interview available on the 21st feb - they only gave me 21st or 22nd to choose from and I have to be at Kingston on the 22nd so that week is gonna be crazy! Where else have you applied? :smile:
As I have to fly up to Glasgow I booked the latest interview available on the 21st feb - they only gave me 21st or 22nd to choose from and I have to be at Kingston on the 22nd so that week is gonna be crazy! Where else have you applied? :smile:

Aw wow well done you! That will be a very busy week. I've applied for Edinburgh and Aberdeen both for fashion again. I've had my interview for Aberdeen just waiting to hear back :smile: what about you?
Aw wow well done you! That will be a very busy week. I've applied for Edinburgh and Aberdeen both for fashion again. I've had my interview for Aberdeen just waiting to hear back :smile: what about you?

Aw best of luck and I hope you hear back from GSA soon :smile: Other than Kingston and GSA I've applied to Brighton, Falmouth & Southampton all for graphics/communication design - had the interview for Southampton and just waiting to hear back now
Reply 53
I got the interview for Communication Design as well :smile: today about 10 am, I have submitted my portfolio on 16th January. I am EU student.
Do you know the percentage of interview invitations? And how many of them are offered a place?
I heard back from communication design, did not get an interview, but it was my least favourite choice of course so I am not too disappointed.
Original post by Sandaval
I heard back from communication design, did not get an interview, but it was my least favourite choice of course so I am not too disappointed.

Sorry to hear! Im glad it wasn't your first choice. I know how it feels I was in the same position last year :frown: fingers crossed for your other choices!!
I also got an interview for Communication Design (received the email this morning at half 10). I have no idea how many are applying and I was quite surprised to get an interview :smile:

I live in Berlin and had to book a telephone interview. I'd really love to go there in person but it's just not possible, timewise. It's quite annoying that I can't upload any additional work, my internet portfolio was more of a last minute thing. Any advice for the phone interview, and is it really over the phone or on Skype?

btw I'd also be interested in how many applicants there are, how many get an interview and how many get in, if anyone knows...
(edited 7 years ago)
Got an interview for fashion this morning! I've booked it for next Thursday
Got an interview for fashion this morning! I've booked it for next Thursday

Congratulations!
Congratulations!

Thank you so much!!

Quick Reply