The Student Room Group

Withdrawing from course before the course start date!

I applied to study HND in a college and filled my student finance application but my course starts next week.

However, I phoned the student finance england and was told that they've received confirmation of enrollment from my college that I've already started my classes therefore; I can not cancel my application and need to contact my college.

I have not taken any classes as my classes will start from next week. The only option I have let is to withdraw or suspend from my college course and my question is would I still need to pay the term fee to college? can they charge student finance any fee?

I don't understand why the college has mentioned that I've already started the course with them and as per the college admission letter the classes are starting from next week. I don't know what to do....

PS: I still have not sent the declaration form to student finance england!
Original post by Ultimate12570
I applied to study HND in a college and filled my student finance application but my course starts next week.

However, I phoned the student finance england and was told that they've received confirmation of enrollment from my college that I've already started my classes therefore; I can not cancel my application and need to contact my college.

I have not taken any classes as my classes will start from next week. The only option I have let is to withdraw or suspend from my college course and my question is would I still need to pay the term fee to college? can they charge student finance any fee?

I don't understand why the college has mentioned that I've already started the course with them and as per the college admission letter the classes are starting from next week. I don't know what to do....

PS: I still have not sent the declaration form to student finance england!

Hi,

I'm sure this must be stressful and I hope you get everything sorted.

You will need to continue to speak with your college - they should be able to provide you with letterheaded confirmation that you withdrew before taking any classes but it's worthwhile checking out their policies. You could also speak to Student Finance directly in this forum http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=5659-Student-Finance

Quick Reply

Latest