Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Buy now pay later 12 months

ReputationRep:
    So my parents bought me a MacBook pro mid 2012 from PC World and we are paying it with the buy now pay later 12 month plan and I've had it for 6 months now, and I'm really not liking the laptop and i want to change it and continue with the same payment plan but having a different laptop cheaper or lower than the current laptop we are paying for, is it possible for us to change the laptop but continue with the same payment plan but just swap a laptop?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think so because essentially it's a contract and you will have to pay out the money. Then, get a new contract.

It's not worth it in my opinion. Contact PC World for clarification!

(Original post by happydimples)
    So my parents bought me a MacBook pro mid 2012 from PC World and we are paying it with the buy now pay later 12 month plan and I've had it for 6 months now, and I'm really not liking the laptop and i want to change it and continue with the same payment plan but having a different laptop cheaper or lower than the current laptop we are paying for, is it possible for us to change the laptop but continue with the same payment plan but just swap a laptop?
    Highly doubt it. Read the details of the plan or ask PC world.

Depending on the credit agreement you might be able to sell the laptop.

ReputationRep:
    You're paying it off four years later?! I'm not sure I understand.

The only option really is to pay it off, then sell it and start a new distinct payment plan with a different laptop.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ishax)
    I don't think so because essentially it's a contract and you will have to pay out the money. Then, get a new contract.

It's not worth it in my opinion. Contact PC World for clarification!
    Hmm thought so, thank you will be checking!

(Original post by shaymarriott)
    You're paying it off four years later?! I'm not sure I understand.

The only option really is to pay it off, then sell it and start a new distinct payment plan with a different laptop.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thast what I thoight as well, just assumed it was a typo.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Useful resources
How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.