Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I will be hopefully starting a psychology degree in Septemeber, and I was wondering, is it taught all by lectures? Or is there other stuff too?
    I just want to know, what sort of times and days are you in doing the degree and does it involve experiments or presentations etc...?

ReputationRep:
    Have you not researched teaching methods used on your course yet? Check the website/prospectus/subject guides etc and see. No two universities will be the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    Have you not researched teaching methods used on your course yet? Check the website/prospectus/subject guides etc and see. No two universities will be the same.

Yeah I have, it doesnt say much, also I dont understand it
    I wanted a detailed know of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueAngel)
    How about e-mailing or phoning the university?

ReputationRep:
    awww blueangel you should come to cardiff university.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whats_The_411?)
    awww blueangel you should come to cardiff university.
    Y Liam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    How about e-mailing or phoning the university?

Nah cos theyre sick of me already. I think I will wait. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Y Liam?
    Coz your alright and It would be a laugh. I think i will be going there

ReputationRep:
    Nah cos theyre sick of me already. I think I will wait. :rolleyes:
    Aww, why do you think they're sick of you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whats_The_411?)
    Coz your alright and It would be a laugh. I think i will be going there

Thanx, no i'm not going there unfortunately We'll meet up in heavan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    Aww, why do you think they're sick of you?

Cos Ive emailed them and rang them so many times before, when they rejected me, I wanted to know why.

ReputationRep:
    We'll meet up in heavan.
    I don't think we'll get to go there

ReputationRep:
    I think it involves experiments

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I will be hopefully starting a psychology degree in Septemeber, and I was wondering, is it taught all by lectures? Or is there other stuff too?
    I just want to know, what sort of times and days are you in doing the degree and does it involve experiments or presentations etc...?

hey! um... let's see... as someone else has sed, it does vary from uni to uni but generally speaking, yes there are mainly lectures and lab sessions which are designed for you to improve and practise ur experimental skills. Some unis have seminars and tutorials with their tutors... but that varies. Timetabling, i should think daily... but don't take my word for that! Lab sessions seem to be several hours long, but that could just be the places, i picked...

Again, your course structure does vary but generally, a lot of your final marks is based on your final research project which you undertake in your third year. There will be core modules that you will have to take esp if your course is BPS- accredited. However, some unis allow optional modules on top of that and some allow you to pick modules from other depts.

hope that helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *skye*)
    hey! um... let's see... as someone else has sed, it does vary from uni to uni but generally speaking, yes there are mainly lectures and lab sessions which are designed for you to improve and practise ur experimental skills. Some unis have seminars and tutorials with their tutors... but that varies. Timetabling, i should think daily... but don't take my word for that! Lab sessions seem to be several hours long, but that could just be the places, i picked...

Again, your course structure does vary but generally, a lot of your final marks is based on your final research project which you undertake in your third year. There will be core modules that you will have to take esp if your course is BPS- accredited. However, some unis allow optional modules on top of that and some allow you to pick modules from other depts.

hope that helps!
    Thanx that really helped! You get rep.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.