Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Is it even worth streaming?

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, hope you're all well

I'd like to start streaming to Twitch, my hardware isn't great but that's another query. But I live in a huge tower block, loads of people live here. Don't know exactly how many.

Name:  connectionspeed1.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  31.4 KB
    Attachment 582628582630
    This is my internet speed at 7pm on a Sunday.

I have tried streaming with ethernet cable and Xsplit but constantly get buffering and double audio. Not sure how to fix, or if there even is a fix. Should I even bother streaming with this many people in the building? Or is there something I can do?

Thanks so much for your responses!
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    It's nothing to do with the internet, it's either software settings on hardware issues.

ReputationRep:
    Those results look good to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    It's nothing to do with the internet, it's either software settings on hardware issues.
    Ah thank you for replying. I suspected it's hardware issues but I thought I would check before going out and buying a gaming laptop. Do you have any you'd recommend? (poor student status considering?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liomeeringca)
    Ah thank you for replying. I suspected it's hardware issues but I thought I would check before going out and buying a gaming laptop. Do you have any you'd recommend? (poor student status considering?)
    If you're getting a gaming laptop, you're really limited. However, I have one that works very well and I would recommend that. The name was the 15-ak002na, but I can't seem to find it on the John Lewis website (where I got it) but found this one which is just a step down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LogicalFallacy)
    If you're getting a gaming laptop, you're really limited. However, I have one that works very well and I would recommend that. The name was the 15-ak002na, but I can't seem to find it on the John Lewis website (where I got it) but found this one which is just a step down.
    Thank you for your help!

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: September 27, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.