How many years of finance do I have left?

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Hello I started a Legal Methods course at Birkbeck University this course is a certificate to Higher education and was part time I began the course in 2015 I had student funding for this course it is a one year course I then took a break in studies to rejoin in October I have taken a student loan again this year for the course beginning in October 2016 as this is not a degree course I am just wondering How many years of funding I will have when I go onto my full time degree shall it be three years or will I have to pay for my first year then have the other two funded what is the situation? What if I took a part time degree how many years of funding would I have left?
    Thank you
    Tyler

ReputationRep:
    When you say "certificate to higher education", do you mean it's a level 3 course which would get you on to a uni course?

The general formula is length of course + 1 - previous years study

Loans taken for further education courses (such as ones to get you on to a higher education course) don't count. It's based on the amount of years you've spent doing a uni level course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    When you say "certificate to higher education", do you mean it's a level 3 course which would get you on to a uni course?

The general formula is length of course + 1 - previous years study

Loans taken for further education courses (such as ones to get you on to a higher education course) don't count. It's based on the amount of years you've spent doing a uni level course.
    As far as I know CertHE is a higher education qualification. I am not entirely certain as to why this as it's effectively a more professional access course nevertheless when I applied for the Loan I applied under Higher education not further education even though it is equivalent to a level 4 NVQ which you can apply for under further education. Same as any further education certificate level 3-6, or ay Access to HE diploma. Do you think if maybe I call them they would put the loan down as further education giving me back my full years for a higher education loan? Or does it look like I will have to fund my first degree year?

ReputationRep:
    Bump

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Who provided the funding for the Legal Methods course?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carly SFE)
    Hi,

Who provided the funding for the Legal Methods course?

Thanks
    SFE provided the funding for my Legal Methods Course I got the student loan from them

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I would advise you to call us on 0300 100 0607 in order for us to check your account to determine which department of SFE provided your funding we can the advise on future funding eligibility.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carly SFE)
    Hi,

I would advise you to call us on 0300 100 0607 in order for us to check your account to determine which department of SFE provided your funding we can the advise on future funding eligibility.

Thanks
    Thank you so much I shall call tomorrow

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 13, 2016
TSR Support Team
Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.