Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you date a girl with a great personality if... Watch

Announcements

Everyone says I ' have a great personality', and I'm not ugly per se, but I suffer from a hair loss condition meaning I have to wear a wig. I wear it absolutely all the time and look completely normal, all of my good friends know it's a wig. I have always assumed that any of my male friends who know its a wig would never consider dating me, but maybe they would?

I'm not actually interested in anyone. Just curious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Everyone says I ' have a great personality', and I'm not ugly per se, but I suffer from a hair loss condition meaning I have to wear a wig. I wear it absolutely all the time and look completely normal, all of my good friends know it's a wig. I have always assumed that any of my male friends who know its a wig would never consider dating me, but maybe they would?

If your wig is blonde, I would not mine.

ReputationRep:
    Most women wear make up anyway. It's pretty much the same thing

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    wouldn't be an issue

I'm afraid it would be an issue for me and would rule you out.

Maybe that just means I'm shallow, but it's how I feel nonetheless.

ReputationRep:

Wouldn't really matter.

Not terrible different from how most black girls wear their hair these days anyway

ReputationRep:
    Don't really care, but if you look like crap bald then i'd hope you get that ish glued onl tight like a real toupe.

Most women wear make up and look like death by the night and morning, at least a hair piece is on permanently for 6 months.

ReputationRep:
    I'm curious, when would you decide to tell the person you are dating that its a wig? Would you give it a couple of weeks or mention it on the first date?

ReputationRep:

It wouldn't bother me at all xD

ReputationRep:
    It wouldn't be a problem for me.
    If it is a problem for anyone, they're not worth you're time and you should move on.
    But honestly, it's not a problem for me!

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it's an issue.

Personally I'd rather you shaved your head than hide under a wig - make it part of your look. Some women look awesome without hair, and more would too if they wanted to.

ReputationRep:

Never assume ... there are so many factors when considering dating someone and everyone has different perspectives on different things
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't really care tbh. Guess I may prefer with a wig on at times.

ReputationRep:
    IDK I've never met a girl with a great personality.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's something that I'd have to try to say whether I would or not. Naturally if I get along with someone then whatever problems might exist become irrelevant. Just dating is a somewhat different matter though and it would seriously depend on the person.

And of course it depends when and how you drop the information that you wear a wig. Some people will take being open and up front about it early completely differently to waiting until you know each other well. I certainly wouldn't want to say how I'd react in either situation.

(Original post by bluemadhatter)
    I'm curious, when would you decide to tell the person you are dating that its a wig? Would you give it a couple of weeks or mention it on the first date?
    The longest I've ever dated someone is 2 months. I never told him and he never asked. Yes, we did have a physical relationship.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 26, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.