Next week I begin my plumbing apprenticeship but there's a few questions/concerns I have. Any help is much appreciated!
1. I have no experience in construction or tools or anything like that. Is that going to be a problem? Am I going to be expected to know basic stuff?
2. Do I need my own tools? Seems pointless to begin with seen as I don't have a clue how to use most of them.
3. Is it possible to leave apprenticeships? I have a backup plan incase this all goes terribly wrong, but before I start I want to know if there actually is a way out once I begin.
Thanks for any help
- Thread Starter
- 26-09-2016 03:00
- 27-09-2016 09:08
1. I would guess that's the kind of thing that will be included in the apprenticeship. I know mine included a run through of a toolbox.
2. Your employer should provide you with the tools you require. You may have to buy your own eventually when you find you need some non-standard kit.
3. You can leave when you want, it's a job.