Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

My dentist won't remove wisdom teeth. I'm at the end of my tether

ReputationRep:
    I'm sat here crying. The left side of my mouth is absolutely killing. The gum is red and swollen and its all because of a wisdom tooth that has come in at such an angle the gun around it is loose and impossible to clean.

The other wisdom tooth is also completely to the side and pokes very slightly out of the gum. It effects my eating and I have lost a stone now in a week.

I went to the doctor who confirmed an infection but only did a filling in a decayed tooth and would not refer me to have the teeth removed as he said I should wait to see if another infection occurs.

He's a rubbish dentist as it is who has missed decay in my teeth several times.

Is there anything I can do? I'm a single mother on benefits so no chance of paying privately. I am also a student so get free dentist treatment at the moment but unfortunely I'm just not getting the care I need.

My head is banging due to the pain of my tooth. Can I go to a walk in centre?

ReputationRep:
    Ever watch Cast Away?

Get your dentist to prescribe antibiotics, mine prescribed me amoxcliilin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Enilliia)
    I'm sat here crying. The left side of my mouth is absolutely killing. The gum is red and swollen and its all because of a wisdom tooth that has come in at such an angle the gun around it is loose and impossible to clean.

The other wisdom tooth is also completely to the side and pokes very slightly out of the gum. It effects my eating and I have lost a stone now in a week.

I went to the doctor who confirmed an infection but only did a filling in a decayed tooth and would not refer me to have the teeth removed as he said I should wait to see if another infection occurs.

Is there anything I can do? I'm a single mother on benefits so no chance of paying privately. I am also a student so get free dentist treatment at the moment but unfortunely I'm just not getting the care I need.

I've had the same problem. They said the policy was to prescribe antibiotics the first and second time and then they'd look at removal

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

My dentist operates under the NHS, and they have a rule: "If it doesn't bother the patient, leave it alone. If it does bother them, take action." Tell your dentist that.

ReputationRep:
    I've got a new dentist. Ive had three infections now. It's so painful toothache! I'd rather give birth again

ReputationRep:
    I've got a new dentist. Ive had three infections now. It's so painful toothache! I'd rather give birth again
    Is that dentist doing anything about the wisdom teeth?

ReputationRep:
    I'm
    (Original post by Mvine001)
    Is that dentist doing anything about the wisdom teeth?
    Yes!! Thankfully :-)

ReputationRep:
    I'm

Yes!! Thankfully :-)
    Then the infections should be gone soon. Good ridance to the old dentist. Still can't believe that immature dentist for doing that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mvine001)
    Then the infections should be gone soon. Good ridance to the old dentist. Still can't believe that immature dentist for doing that.
    Thank you. He's referring me for removal of my wisdom teeth. It takes about two months I think. :-)

I really need to see a dentist about a similar issue but I cannot go to the one I am/was registered at as he is absolutely tragic.

Local practices aren't accepting new patients but can I ring them and make an appointment anyway?? Or do i have to be registered with them? Please help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I really need to see a dentist about a similar issue but I cannot go to the one I am/was registered at as he is absolutely tragic.

Local practices aren't accepting new patients but can I ring them and make an appointment anyway?? Or do i have to be registered with them? Please help
    You can ring any nhs dentist to ask for treatment. You don't have to register with them ;-)

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: September 27, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.