The Student Room Group

Jardine personal statement

Scroll to see replies

Original post by czhang1998
Thanx so much for the advice!!!! And yes I was informed by Trinity's admission tutor that the deadline for Cambridge applicants are extended to 31st Oct, so I've still got a few days😅

omg.......I feel so betrayed lmao. My school's internal deadline was set realllyyyyy early!!!! Gah!!! I wish I had more time to refine my submission, oh well! I hope yours goes more smoothly than mine!
Original post by kokopelli
omg.......I feel so betrayed lmao. My school's internal deadline was set realllyyyyy early!!!! Gah!!! I wish I had more time to refine my submission, oh well! I hope yours goes more smoothly than mine!

Awww I'm so sorry 😭 But at least your school has given you help with it (I hope) but I wasn't told about this until last week so I'll have to inform my school about it and write the ps etc in a rush 😂 And thank you!! I'm sure your application is brilliant!!!
Reply 22
This isn't a rule, but I think it would be wise to avoid repeating anything that you've already mentioned in your PS. So if you've already gone on a fair bit about your passion/goals for your subject, you shouldn't waste words trying to bring the point across again. I started off with a small paragraph about my personal philosophy, before going into detail about my extracurriculars, and tying it all back to my passion for psychology.

By the way, I don't mean to scare you, but hasn't the deadline for Jardine already passed (20th October)? Is the deadline for candidates from your country different?

Good luck! I had to rush my essay as well haha (wrote it in 2 days!! gah)

I had emailed the people there and they said if appropriate, it was okay to use parts of the personal statement. I mainly focused mine on community involvement and whatnot since that's mainly what the scholarship is for right? I'm not entirely sure but it's submitted so it's not like it can be changed anyway :P
Original post by raox
I had emailed the people there and they said if appropriate, it was okay to use parts of the personal statement. I mainly focused mine on community involvement and whatnot since that's mainly what the scholarship is for right? I'm not entirely sure but it's submitted so it's not like it can be changed anyway :P

Yay another Jardine applicant! I think what you've done is good bc they will have a copy of our UCAS form anyway so they'll see our personal statement there👍🏼 Btw which college have you applied to and which country are you from?
Just got an email for the first interview in two weeks I think. Yikes!

Congrats!!! Yet I haven't applied 😂 I'm gonna apply today tho 😂
hi guys did you receive a confirmation of receipt of the application after you applied? I finally sent mine off today :smile:
Reply 27

Congratulations! Which country are you interviewing in?
Reply 28
hi guys did you receive a confirmation of receipt of the application after you applied? I finally sent mine off today

Yeah, they send an email letting you know that they've gotten the application :smile:
Original post by raox
Yeah, they send an email letting you know that they've gotten the application

Ok thank you!! Did you get the confirmation straight after you sent it or did it take a while to come?
Reply 30
I got it right away
Original post by raox
I got it right away

Did you email them your application as well then?
Reply 32
Did you email them your application as well then?

No I sent it by mail
Original post by raox
No I sent it by mail

Oh how long do you mean by right away then 😂
Reply 34
Oh how long do you mean by right away then 😂

Hahah I had the package tracked so I knew when it arrived, and then shortly after I got the email :smile:
Original post by raox
Hahah I had the package tracked so I knew when it arrived, and then shortly after I got the email

Ohhh I see! Thanx for that info :smile: i just hope I didn't miss the deadline today bc they told me to send it through email and i don't know if they emailed back to my head master/principal to confirm the receipt
Original post by raox
Hahah I had the package tracked so I knew when it arrived, and then shortly after I got the email

I've received a confirmation email this morning yay!
Reply 37
I've just gotten the invitation for interview! Has anyone had it, and be willing to share any tips on how to prepare?
Original post by raox
I've just gotten the invitation for interview! Has anyone had it, and be willing to share any tips on how to prepare?

Congrats!!! Which country are you from btw?
Original post by raox

I haven't received an invitation yet but this is a forum that I found where some people shared their experiences of the interview :smile: hope this helps http://forum.brightsparks.com.sg/archive/index.php/t-1496.html

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending