The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

why do we have to do A2 grades even though i havent sat them
Original post by scrawlx101

You'll have to put them as pending
Original post by PlayerBB
You'll have to put them as pending

how do i select a2s from the education section.

almost entered all my grades in just need to enter a2s and my teacher needs to read over my PS too and i need to pick 5 unis...
how do i select a2s from the education section.

almost entered all my grades in just need to enter a2s and my teacher needs to read over my PS too and i need to pick 5 unis...

You'll have to enter each subject twice, the first you put As modules with grades then you second you have to submit the modules with grades as pending

If you don't list what results you're expecting your referee can't give predicted grades and UCAS can't match your results to your application (and universities will assume that you aren't taking those exams)
Hey guys,

I took AQA Level 2 Further Mathematics (8360) and achieved an A^ (A* with Distinction) and I don't know how to properly declare it on UCAS. This is with respect to the qualification type (GCSE, iGCSE, AQA Level 1/2 Certificate etc.) and the Grade - it says the character '^' is not valid.

How do I declare this?

Thanks.
Original post by LiesandAlibis
Hey guys,

I took AQA Level 2 Further Mathematics (8360) and achieved an A^ (A* with Distinction) and I don't know how to properly declare it on UCAS. This is with respect to the qualification type (GCSE, iGCSE, AQA Level 1/2 Certificate etc.) and the Grade - it says the character '^' is not valid.

How do I declare this?

Thanks.

If you took it at the same school/college you are at now, ask them on advice how to declare it, as they will have hopefully seen this specific issue before.

If not, you may need to declare it under other qualifications if you can't find the qualification type.

If you can find the qualification but not enter your grade, I would suggest contacting UCAS and asking them how they would like you to enter the grade.
Reply 107
Is there any way to put in ucas points for AS, or your % UMS as I was 2 ums off an A in Physics, 5 ums off an A in chemistry and 2 ums off a B in maths...
(making my top 3 average of 85% Ums)
Reply 108
Hi,

Is it okay to just cash in module results for one as subject only? because that's the only subject where I'm retaking a module. Or would it look suspicious that I haven't cashed in grades for modules for other as subjects?

Do they find out about module results if they wanted to even if you don't provide it?
Reply 109
Also do you put your ums marks for module results or just the grades? Where do you enter the ums marks?
Original post by KB_97
Is it okay to just cash in module results for one as subject only? because that's the only subject where I'm retaking a module. Or would it look suspicious that I haven't cashed in grades for modules for other as subjects?

You can only cash-in again if you have taken a unit for that qualification since last cashing-in..
Original post by KB_97
Do they find out about module results if they wanted to even if you don't provide it?

My understanding is that they can only see overall, cashed-in grades, but I am not 100% certain.
Original post by cowie
Is there any way to put in ucas points for AS, or your % UMS as I was 2 ums off an A in Physics, 5 ums off an A in chemistry and 2 ums off a B in maths...
(making my top 3 average of 85% Ums)

? You only need 80% for an A, so if your average is 85% then you must have some As.
Reply 112
Original post by Compost
You can only cash-in again if you have taken a unit for that qualification since last cashing-in..

I'm sorry. I don't understand what you mean. Do I only give my module grades for the subject in which I'm retaking modules??
Reply 113
Original post by Minerva
It is worth putting in the full title as it appears on your results slip and/or certificate. That way there can be no confusion about which syllabus you followed.

On my GCSE results slip, there is Biology A but on the certificate it says Biology. So which one should I put down?
Original post by LOAend
On my GCSE results slip, there is Biology A but on the certificate it says Biology. So which one should I put down?
It doesn't matter.
I took a Further maths module a year early and got a D - I am retaking it. as it doesn't count towards my AS but there are only 6 modules available on the A2 form how do I declare this? Do I need to enter my A2 Further Maths twice - once with the D grade (along with the other grades I achieved and the exams I have not yet taken) and once with the module I got a D in as "Pending"?
Original post by ellsie98
I took a Further maths module a year early and got a D - I am retaking it. as it doesn't count towards my AS but there are only 6 modules available on the A2 form how do I declare this? Do I need to enter my A2 Further Maths twice - once with the D grade (along with the other grades I achieved and the exams I have not yet taken) and once with the module I got a D in as "Pending"?

A module that isn't associated with a certified A or AS level isn't a qualification and should not be included in your application.

I'm assuming you don't yet have a certified A level result for FM - therefore you just put it as pending with the AS module grades and the A2 modules as pending. If you weren't resitting the module you would have to include the D but because you are your module grade for that module that will contribute towards your A level grade is still pending.
(edited 8 years ago)
FireShot Capture 19 - Education_ - https___2016.undergrad.apply.ucas.com_ucasapply_EducationServ.pngSomeone help me out here please. IS this correct? I have dropped maths As and planning on doing two unit resits
Reply 118
On my results piece of paper my Edexcel AS Maths didn't have an overall grade at the top, only the module results. It works out as an A if you average across but I'm not sure how I put this on UCAS?
Original post by Fandalf
FireShot Capture 19 - Education_ - https___2016.undergrad.apply.ucas.com_ucasapply_EducationServ.pngSomeone help me out here please. IS this correct? I have dropped maths As and planning on doing two unit resits

It might be correct IF your exam centre is planning on your resits not only contributing towards your A level grades but also re-certifying your AS grades.

This is extremely unusual for an exam centre to do. If you aren't recertifying your AS results with the resits then your original AS grades are all you should list plus your pending A levels (with the resit modules associated with the A levels left as pending).

Latest

Trending

Trending