Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

High accurate gyroscope and accelerometer available in 2016 ? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i want to calculate the position of a object which in-belted with acclerometer and gyroscope and magnetometer so i want a accurate position of an object with less accuracy (eg: less than 0.5 cm(error)), i just tried in internet to find solution but i found everything is old accelerometer and gyroscope i couldn't find anything less than 1 cm of error accuracy (accelerometer).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arulprasath)
    i want to calculate the position of a object which in-belted with acclerometer and gyroscope and magnetometer so i want a accurate position of an object with less accuracy (eg: less than 0.5 cm(error)), i just tried in internet to find solution but i found everything is old accelerometer and gyroscope i couldn't find anything less than 1 cm of error accuracy (accelerometer).
    Well you don't tell us what you've looked at already...

have you tried adafruit https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-...akout?view=all

accuracy in accelerometers is going to be acceleration - the accuracy will depends on what the specific application is and how good your code is.

i.e. you'll always be able to fool an accelerometer system with low accelerations that are close to zero in terms of the range of accelerations it can measure, so you might need a different idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arulprasath)
    I've never used this before, but they did send this up to space for the ISS to use, which tells me it's probably pretty acurate:
    https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/sense-hat/
    Of course, this would mean purchasing a raspberry pi aswell though.
    Overall cost of the pi and the sense HAT addon comes to £54.99 from rs-online. However, that does not include additional costs of a keyboard/mouse, moniter, power source, additional cables.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Jek_)
    I've never used this before, but they did send this up to space for the ISS to use, which tells me it's probably pretty acurate:
    https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/sense-hat/
    Of course, this would mean purchasing a raspberry pi aswell though.
    Overall cost of the pi and the sense HAT addon comes to £54.99 from rs-online. However, that does not include additional costs of a keyboard/mouse, moniter, power source, additional cables.
    Thank you, for your comment,

1. i'm looking for commercial product which can able to measure an exact positions of object (robot).

2. In other case, i'm looking for more accurate sensors acclerometer, gyroscope and magnetometer which available in resent days (2016)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.