Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Are my grades sufficient for Medicine entry(5years)?

ReputationRep:
    Gcse:A*A*AAABD
    As levels:aaa
    A2 prediction: A*A*A
    Enough work experiences and extracurricular activities

Guys will these be sufficient for any universities for Medicine entry??
    Also, please tell me the universities that I shoud consider.
    Thanks

(Original post by SmoothLemonade)

Depends on what the D is in at GCSE, but if not in one of the core subjects and you apply wisely, should be fine.

ReputationRep:

Also, please tell me the universities that I shoud consider.
    Thanks
    Yes these should be OK as long as you meet the minimum requirements I.e. If the D was in English or something and they want at least a B etc. As said before, apply wisely so don't try for Cardiff or Birmingham etc - they want lots A*s at GCSE. Do your research really carefully and make sure your stats fit each choice. Have you done your UKCAT?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by newgirl66)
    Yes these should be OK as long as you meet the minimum requirements I.e. If the D was in English or something and they want at least a B etc. As said before, apply wisely so don't try for Cardiff or Birmingham etc - they want lots A*s at GCSE. Do your research really carefully and make sure your stats fit each choice. Have you done your UKCAT?
    I got 1850 for Ukcat... Pretty low

ReputationRep:
    I have to be honest, you may struggle this year. Apply anyway if you want to give it a punt but be prepared that it might not work out. Smash your a levels and re-do the Ukcat (practise it, a lot....!) and apply with achieved grades. Then they will love you!

ReputationRep:
    You may struggle, idk its your choice, but personally I would go for a gap year and redo the UKCAT.

ReputationRep:
    Try the BMAT, also if you've got lots of voluntary work then Keele might be a good shot.

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.