The Student Room Group

Are my grades sufficient for Medicine entry(5years)?

Gcse:A*A*AAABD
As levels:aaa
A2 prediction: A*A*A
Enough work experiences and extracurricular activities

Guys will these be sufficient for any universities for Medicine entry??
Also, please tell me the universities that I shoud consider.
Thanks
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by SmoothLemonade

Depends on what the D is in at GCSE, but if not in one of the core subjects and you apply wisely, should be fine.

Also, please tell me the universities that I shoud consider.
Thanks

Yes these should be OK as long as you meet the minimum requirements I.e. If the D was in English or something and they want at least a B etc. As said before, apply wisely so don't try for Cardiff or Birmingham etc - they want lots A*s at GCSE. Do your research really carefully and make sure your stats fit each choice. Have you done your UKCAT?
Original post by newgirl66
Yes these should be OK as long as you meet the minimum requirements I.e. If the D was in English or something and they want at least a B etc. As said before, apply wisely so don't try for Cardiff or Birmingham etc - they want lots A*s at GCSE. Do your research really carefully and make sure your stats fit each choice. Have you done your UKCAT?

I got 1850 for Ukcat... Pretty low

I have to be honest, you may struggle this year. Apply anyway if you want to give it a punt but be prepared that it might not work out. Smash your a levels and re-do the Ukcat (practise it, a lot....!) and apply with achieved grades. Then they will love you!

You may struggle, idk its your choice, but personally I would go for a gap year and redo the UKCAT.
Try the BMAT, also if you've got lots of voluntary work then Keele might be a good shot.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending