The Student Room Group

Oxford TSA 2017 Applicants Thread (02.11.2016)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ESMChris99
Does anyone of you know at what time the results will come online?

Looking at last year's thread, it looks like they came out at about 01:30 -- so in about 2 hours.
Its already online :biggrin:
Doesn't help me though haha I'm rejected either way... :/
Having seen my score, I now definitely know I was accepted in spite of my interviews rather than because of them!
I got 66.4 overall - 72.9 on critical thinking but just 61.9 on problem solving. Makes sense, since I ran out of time and had to guess the last few which were all problem solving questions.

I got rejected post-interview in the end for PPE; my score isn't low enough by itself to be the sole cause of rejection, so the interviews must have contributed somewhat towards it (although I think they were fairly decent). I think that just describes my overall application fairly well though: 'fairly decent'. My TSA score is alright/good but not great, my interviews were alright/good but not great, so I think I must have fallen just below the threshold unfortunately :frown:
Ugh I got rejected pre interview with a 68.8 score :/
Tbf It was probably my grade prediction haha
(edited 7 years ago)
Got a 64.2, rejected pre interview. Also didn't have predictions. My problem solving really let me down, got just 58 on that. From above it looks like you needed 70+ this year to get an interview without the predictions, so I guess I was living in hope the whole time anyway :/
I got an open offer with Problem Solving at 65.9 and Critical Thinking at 58.4, giving me overall 62.2, which is the lowest I scored during any TSA test I've ever done, but I really couldn't focus and felt like I didn't do my best

Well, at least I know my interviews didn't go as bad as I thought!
Reply 387
Got an offer for E&M at new college with problem solving 59.9 critical thinking 72.9 and 65.3 overall. Interviews must have gone well since my score was kinda average.
Reply 388
I got an offer with a TSA score of 79.8 (Critical Thinking 81.6, Problem Solving 78.7). No idea how that score happened, I never scored so high when practising :smile:
Got rejected post interview with a 66.5 overall score for E&M brasenose :frown:
Original post by Natalia.s
I got an open offer with Problem Solving at 65.9 and Critical Thinking at 58.4, giving me overall 62.2, which is the lowest I scored during any TSA test I've ever done, but I really couldn't focus and felt like I didn't do my best

Well, at least I know my interviews didn't go as bad as I thought!

Congratulations on the offer. Come and say hello on 2017 Entry Open Offers thread.
Is it possible to get the tsa score if you did chemistry tsa? No one in my school has mentioned anything to me.
Reply 392
reallocated from New to LMH for PPE!!
And then rejected post interviews
Okay I've emailed my schools exams officer as the curiosity got too much :lol: now she probably thinks I'm useless and irresponsible for losing the slip of paper but oh well!
I got 76, but a low 70s mark in Critical thinking which I had usually done better in. I got an open offer for PPE (side note; is there an offer holders thread?)
Original post by prospectiveppe
I got 76, but a low 70s mark in Critical thinking which I had usually done better in. I got an open offer for PPE (side note; is there an offer holders thread?)

There is a 2017 Entry Open Offer thread. Come and say hello.
Original post by SonOfAGeek
There is a 2017 Entry Open Offer thread. Come and say hello.

Already have :wink: I'm the underwritten by Trinity guy that Brasenose gave lots of info to

Edit: I was wondering more for the purpose of a fb group, as I know past years have had these
Original post by prospectiveppe
Already have :wink: I'm the underwritten by Trinity guy that Brasenose gave lots of info to

Edit: I was wondering more for the purpose of a fb group, as I know past years have had these

I don't use FB but maybe if there was one set up I'd give it a go.
Reply 398
Original post by patrickwahins
The essay section isn't generally reviewed till interview so as long as you compensate for it then you should be fine

Where did you get that information from??
Reply 399
Original post by patrickwahins
The essay section isn't generally reviewed till interview so as long as you compensate for it then you should be fine

Where did you get that information from?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending