Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Corbyn supports protest against himself Watch

Announcements
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Well, at least we can't accuse him of being too partisan anymore, you really cannot make this stuff up:http://order-order.com/2016/09/26/je...ainst-himself/

ReputationRep:
    Don't tell me he actually abolished the position himself.....

ReputationRep:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KimKallstrom)
    Don't tell me he actually abolished the position himself.....
    HE created the position, it no longer exists, ergo...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    HE created the position, it no longer exists, ergo...
    Oh right. I didn't know anything at all about its existence in the first place.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KimKallstrom)
    Oh right. I didn't know anything at all about its existence in the first place.
    Was in his original shadow cabinet, when he was creating non positions so he could put women in them because they're women so he could claim to be progressive, it has mysteriously disappeared since.

ReputationRep:
    That's because the only reason it stopped existing was that the holder of the post resigned from the Shadow Cabinet during the crap coup. Corbyn subsequently didn't have enough support to nominate anyone else to the position.

This is Corbyn having his photo taken with the Labour campaign group on mental health, who probably made this placard so they could wave it at Corbyn himself, and will have been delighted with the leader's attention. The alternative interpretation, of course not preferred by the hard-right hacks at Guido, is that Corbyn was photographed holding the placard to show he acknowledges the campaign group's concerns and will endeavour to bring back the position.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrotgrot)
    That's because the only reason it stopped existing was that the holder of the post resigned from the Shadow Cabinet during the crap coup. Corbyn subsequently didn't have enough support to nominate anyone else to the position.
    I'm not sure how any of that justifies him protesting against his own decision. It's not other people's fault that he's such an inadequate leader that he can't even convince one third of his own parliamentary party to take up a shadow ministerial position
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrotgrot)
    Lean leave it vacant, leaving it vacant means you can at least say nobody wanted it, getting rid of it says "I don't really care that much"

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.