Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

UKCAT average

ReputationRep:
    So what do you guys think, will the average go up or down?

ReputationRep:
    The average last year was 632.75 including all 4 sections, 634 excluding DA. When the UKCAT interims were released, if I remember rightly 10431 had taken the test, avg 644. On UKCAT twitter, I remember they said around 22000 had registered, so that interim avg represents less that half, most of them being the prepared and confident candidates. If over half of candidates took the test from 11th sept onwards, I think they will drag it down (more unprepared, A2, etc). I'm hoping it will drop between 10-20 for when the final results are released. Even if it drops by only 10, that means the same average as last year.. Not forgetting this includes graduates, internationals, dentists and medics. So I'm praying we aren't looking at a rise in cut offs this year..

Poll
How are you feeling about your exams so far?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.