(Original post by cpj1987)
How did this happen?
Can we hear the whole story please? It sounds interesting.
It wasn't really that interesting, just incredibly painful. When I was four, I went to Burger King with my parents, brother, and a family friend and their daughter. I ordered a bacon double cheesburger (because I'm greedy
) and when it arrived, the bacon was all stringy, so my mother told me to wait until she had the chance to cut it up a bit and make it less of a choking hazard. She took ages getting around to it though, because she was arsing about organising the food around three cups of scalding hot coffee. You know how hot Burger King coffee is, right? So naturally, I took a huge bite out of the burger and started choking almost immediately. I don't mean just coughing, I really couldn't breathe at all and started to see flashing lights in my vision, like just before you faint. Because I couldn't make a noise, it took a while for anyone to notice that I was choking, so that when my mother eventually realised, I was really ****ed. She dived over the table to get to me and, in her haste, sent all three cups of coffee flying at my stomach. The shock of being scalded made me cough up the half eaten burger.
I then got taken back into the kitchens which, contrary to popular belief, are very clean. They put a bag of ice on my stomach but it melted within about fourty seconds, so I had to go to hospital (in a taxi, not even in an ambulance.. how lame) and spent the next year or so having burns treatments. I had first and second degree burns, but mostly first degree which meant that the nerves weren't damaged so I could feel it all. No scars though.