Has anyone ever saved your life? Watch

cpj1987
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I noticed a thread on here, asking people if they'd ever saved a life.
I wanted to take the other approach - has anyone ever had their life saved by someone else? Tell your story!

I have. I was 4 at the time and on holiday in Ibiza. I couldn't swim, but walked away from my Mum one night while she was busy at reception, and went to the pool. There were circular stepping stones through the pool, seperating the deep and shallow ends, and I decided to walk across them. I got half-way, then slipped and fell into the water.
I struggled, but couldn't get back up to the surface, and was about to give up when I saw a hand in the water, which I grabbed on to as I was pulled up. The girl that saved me was about 12, and I was so lucky that she'd been out there in the dark too.
It's weird to think that there's somebody out there that I owe my life to. She'd be about 28 now.

So has anyone else had their life saved?
hannah_dru
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Doctors saved mine when I was born. I have Hydrocephalus and if they hadn't noticed and put a shunt in I would've died eventually from there being too much fluid in my brain.
</gibberish>
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Nope, however ive had 2 people try to take it away on seperate occasions
Jayk
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I got given CPR once by my step-mother. I fell out of a tree, and the wind got knocked out of my lungs so hard that I stopped breathing and went unconscious! Still, I went right back up that tree...I was ungrateful when I was 8
(Original post by ChrisRH)
Nope, however ive had 2 people try to take it away on seperate occasions
If that ain't a downer, I don't know what is. Hug?
I_am_the_mob
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
My life's been saved by doctors on two main occassions, I had Pneumonia when I was 6 and a really bad case of appendicitas at 10
AverageGuyOnTheStreet
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
To the best of my knowledge it was twice. Once last November and once in March.

In November I was on the edge of a coma and a friend thought I had meningitis (I didn't). She phoned an ambulance and by doing tests they found out what actually was wrong with me. I'm still friends with her. If she hadn't found me that afternoon then I would have died pretty soon after.

In March it was a lot more complicated as I was still conscious (just about). I had the same illness that I'd had in November and for the same reason. I had gone out as it was my birthday but the people where I was knew there was something wrong and it was more than just a bug (which was what I told them). I then tried to run away from the hospital but my parents stopped me.

And there's also a few times when I've had breakdowns and it was something that someone said to me that stopped me from committing suicide (if that counts here).
aeiou81
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Wow. I've led a pretty lucky life so far.

I don't think I've ever been inches away from death, although when I was being born I trapped my umbilical cord but the doctors saw something was wrond and did an emergency caesarian
Airel
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I don't think so, but i once stopped a really heavy TV from falling on some kid. His head would have gone straight through the front of it. I have no idea what would have happened.
HearTheThunder
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yes.
lilac!!
Report 11 years ago
By a close friend twice and on both occasions it was going to be car crash. God bless her!
yo-less
Report 11 years ago
Yes.

I nearly died a few days after I was born because there was still a lot of amniotic fluid remaining in my lungs or something like that. So I guess the doctor saved me. Whoo-hoo!
yellow96
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
My mother stopped me choking to death by scalding me.. I guess it was a 'lucky' accident.
cpj1987
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by Thelfo)
My mother stopped me choking to death by scalding me.. I guess it was a 'lucky' accident.

How did this happen? :p: Can we hear the whole story please? It sounds interesting.
ßlαcksωαn
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Some doctor when I was about 2, couldnt breathe, nothing super special.
Beckieee
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yes, once when i was walking through a place near my college with this guy i really liked, and as you know when around people you like, well i do, get a little bit dreamy and giggly (i'm sad aha) anyway i wasn't really paying attention and we were crossing this road, and i stepped out, stupidly not looking, so the guy who i was with had to pull me by the back of my jacket off the road and it was soooo close it was unbelievable, so yes, i owe my life to him... shame he's a ****
bunthulhu
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
When I fell in the sea in Florida when I was very small, off the lilo me and my aunt were floating on, I sank like a lump, until she pulled me out, which was quite nice of her.
yellow96
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by cpj1987)
How did this happen? :p: Can we hear the whole story please? It sounds interesting.
It wasn't really that interesting, just incredibly painful. When I was four, I went to Burger King with my parents, brother, and a family friend and their daughter. I ordered a bacon double cheesburger (because I'm greedy ) and when it arrived, the bacon was all stringy, so my mother told me to wait until she had the chance to cut it up a bit and make it less of a choking hazard. She took ages getting around to it though, because she was arsing about organising the food around three cups of scalding hot coffee. You know how hot Burger King coffee is, right? So naturally, I took a huge bite out of the burger and started choking almost immediately. I don't mean just coughing, I really couldn't breathe at all and started to see flashing lights in my vision, like just before you faint. Because I couldn't make a noise, it took a while for anyone to notice that I was choking, so that when my mother eventually realised, I was really ****ed. She dived over the table to get to me and, in her haste, sent all three cups of coffee flying at my stomach. The shock of being scalded made me cough up the half eaten burger. I then got taken back into the kitchens which, contrary to popular belief, are very clean. They put a bag of ice on my stomach but it melted within about fourty seconds, so I had to go to hospital (in a taxi, not even in an ambulance.. how lame) and spent the next year or so having burns treatments. I had first and second degree burns, but mostly first degree which meant that the nerves weren't damaged so I could feel it all. No scars though.

The End.
-Kav-
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Airel)
I don't think so, but i once stopped a really heavy TV from falling on some kid. His head would have gone straight through the front of it. I have no idea what would have happened.
Could well have killed him. I reckon you can put that in the Lives Saved tally.
Rainygal
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
^^ ooh, that sounds dramatic!! Thank goodness for hot coffee eh?
Beckieee
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Thelfo)
It wasn't really that interesting, just incredibly painful. When I was four, I went to Burger King with my parents, brother, and a family friend and their daughter. I ordered a bacon double cheesburger (because I'm greedy ) and when it arrived, the bacon was all stringy, so my mother told me to wait until she had the chance to cut it up a bit and make it less of a choking hazard. She took ages getting around to it though, because she was arsing about organising the food around three cups of scalding hot coffee. You know how hot Burger King coffee is, right? So naturally, I took a huge bite out of the burger and started choking almost immediately. I don't mean just coughing, I really couldn't breathe at all and started to see flashing lights in my vision, like just before you faint. Because I couldn't make a noise, it took a while for anyone to notice that I was choking, so that when my mother eventually realised, I was really ****ed. She dived over the table to get to me and, in her haste, sent all three cups of coffee flying at my stomach. The shock of being scalded made me cough up the half eaten burger. I then got taken back into the kitchens which, contrary to popular belief, are very clean. They put a bag of ice on my stomach but it melted within about fourty seconds, so I had to go to hospital (in a taxi, not even in an ambulance.. how lame) and spent the next year or so having burns treatments. I had first and second degree burns, but mostly first degree which meant that the nerves weren't damaged so I could feel it all. No scars though.

The End.
Wow thats a story to tell! lucky for burger king coffee
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (65)
27.2%
No (174)
72.8%

Watched Threads