Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to NOT get disowned [GCSE Journey] Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:

HELLO I HOPE YOU ENJOY LAUGHING AT MY MISERY, TAKE A SEAT
    I'm not sure what possessed me to do this but here I am. I doubt anyone will see this, but I refuse to write in a way that seems like I'm talking to myself.. I haven't hit rock bottom. Yet.

I'm currently in Year 11 and this is my personal journey to my GCSEs and hopefully to Not Getting Disowned.

SUBJECTS:(i regret so many of these it's not even funny)
    English Lit [AQA]
    English Lang [AQA]
    Maths [AQA]
    Biology [AQA]
    Chemistry [AQA]
    Physics [AQA]
    R.P.E [OCR?]
    Fine Art [AQA]
    French [EDEXCEL] (why did i take this what have i done i want to kms)
    History [OCR]
    Further Maths [AQA] (not yet started p. after Christmas)

YEAR 10 GRADES//TARGETS:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    English Lit & English Lang combo: 8//9
    Maths: 9//9
    Biology: A*//A*
    Chemistry: A* (moderate)//A*
    Physics: A* (vv weak)//A*
    R.P.E: A (moderate)//A*
    Fine Art: A//A*
    French: A (soo weak like ur pull out game)//A*
    History: A*//A*
    Further Maths: n/a//A*
    WHY ALL THIS?
    I have a bounty on my head. If I want to keep breathing free air I need "at least" 10A*s, but that would be a little "disappointing", so 11A*s in the aim.

No game plan atm, just casually looking over recently learnt material and skimming over old material. I need to up my game. Tips?

I'm not a natural genius unlike some students here on TSR so this is going to be just a tad...mf hardomdsomeonekillme.
    I want to get good enough grades so I get into the sixth form of my choice (which has vv high standards whoop whoop there goes my future) for A levels to take:
    Biology, Chemistry, Physics (ugh), Maths (uGHH) and either Psychology/EPQ (i'd love it if anyone here has any experience/reccs on these two subjects).
    Spoiler:
    Show
    The ultimate aim is to get into cambs uni where I'll go into med (wOW i'm so original) to fulfil my [parent's] dreams of being a doctor. Or specifically a plastic surgeon. I'm talking burns not boob jobs tho, don't get too excited. Idk about you but touching saggy tits for the rest of my life isn't my kinda thing.

LASTLY:
    I'd love hear about any of you taking my subjects/GCSEs at 2017

DON'T PROCRASTINATE GUYS. DON'T BE LIKE ME.

ReputationRep:
    Lol seeing what you already got in year 10 you're basically set for year 11 if you keep revising or doing whatever you're doing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by airportsh8me)

I'm not sure what possessed me to do this but here I am. I doubt anyone will see this, but I refuse to write in a way that seems like I'm talking to myself.. I haven't hit rock bottom. Yet.

I'm currently in Year 11 and this is my personal journey to my GCSEs and hopefully to Not Getting Disowned.

English Lit [AQA]
    English Lang [AQA]
    Maths [AQA]
    Biology [AQA]
    Chemistry [AQA]
    Physics [AQA]
    R.P.E [OCR?]
    Fine Art [AQA]
    History [OCR]

YEAR 10 GRADES//TARGETS:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    WHY ALL THIS?
    I have a bounty on my head. If I want to keep breathing free air I need "at least" 10A*s, but that would be a little "disappointing", so 11A*s in the aim.

No game plan atm, just casually looking over recently learnt material and skimming over old material. I need to up my game. Tips?

I'm not a natural genius unlike some students here on TSR so this is going to be just a tad...mf hardomdsomeonekillme.
    I want to get good enough grades so I get into the sixth form of my choice (which has vv high standards whoop whoop there goes my future) for A levels to take:
    Biology, Chemistry, Physics (ugh), Maths (uGHH) and either Psychology/EPQ (i'd love it if anyone here has any experience/reccs on these two subjects).
    Spoiler:
    Show
    The ultimate aim is to get into cambs uni where I'll go into med (wOW i'm so original) to fulfil my [parent's] dreams of being a doctor. Or specifically a plastic surgeon. I'm talking burns not boob jobs tho, don't get too excited. Idk about you but touching saggy tits for the rest of my life isn't my kinda thing.

LASTLY:

Why 5 A-levels out of curiosity?

I'm also on AQA for EngLang and Lit, and I'm also on OCR for History and RS. What texts are you doing for EngLit?

And of course, good luck!

ReputationRep:

English Lit [AQA]
    English Lang [AQA]
    Maths [AQA]
    Biology [AQA]
    Chemistry [AQA]
    Physics [AQA]
    R.P.E [OCR?]
    Fine Art [AQA]
    History [OCR]

YEAR 10 GRADES//TARGETS:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    WHY ALL THIS?

Spoiler:
    Show

LASTLY:

Asian/African parents?

ReputationRep:
    Judging from this I'm sure you'll do well at english and everything else

ReputationRep:
    Anyway why do you regret your subjects choices

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    Why 5 A-levels out of curiosity?

I'm also on AQA for EngLang and Lit, and I'm also on OCR for History and RS. What texts are you doing for EngLit?

And of course, good luck!
    Thanks a lot! I'm doing Jekyll & Hyde, The Inspector Calls and The Merchant of Venice for Shakespeare. You?

I need 4 of those to get into uni and Psychology or EPQ is just something that interests me

(Original post by GradeA*UnderA)
    Asian/African parents?
    That easy to tell?

(Original post by Inspiringvisons)
    Anyway why do you regret your subjects choices
    Thanks, fingers crossed I will
    I moved to a new school at the start of Year 10 so that meant I could only chose my subject options from the "leftovers". I got French instead of Spanish, Art instead of Psychology and SHP History instead of Modern World.
    But eh, I can't really whine since it's technically my fault for moving. Besides, all I need are the grades

at least that's what i tell myself

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot! I'm doing Jekyll & Hyde, The Inspector Calls and The Merchant of Venice for Shakespeare. You?

I need 4 of those to get into uni and Psychology or EPQ is just something that interests me

That easy to tell?

Thanks, fingers crossed I will
    I moved to a new school at the start of Year 10 so that meant I could only chose my subject options from the "leftovers". I got French instead of Spanish, Art instead of Psychology and SHP History instead of Modern World.
    But eh, I can't really whine since it's technically my fault for moving. Besides, all I need are the grades

at least that's what i tell myself
    Just know that 5 A-levels can be quite demanding workload-wise! If you're up to it, I don't see anything wrong with it :P

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.