Filter Interviews Watch

Q_M
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I thought quite a few people were cut at the filter to reduce the strain on the OASC?
Lady Venom
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Recruiting is currently high. They struggled to fill IOT 8. A lot of people were bumped from 10 to 9 to fill it up.
Q_M
Rep:
?
Excellent *rubs hands together like Mr. Burns* :rolleyes:
Dagowly
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by InaSpin)
Recruiting is currently high. They struggled to fill IOT 8. A lot of people were bumped from 10 to 9 to fill it up.
how do you know this info? IOT 10 is over full, hense the jumping of positions to forward them to 9.
Q_M
Rep:
?
Damnit.
Alastair904
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I think this is as good a place as any to loose my posting virginity, you should feel honoured Quiet Mason.
Dagowly
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
As i said to you the other night matey, the RAF is shrinking.

Its doing it on purpose to save money by tri-servicing a lot of careers. By next year we're going to have 41k personnel.
Dagowly
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Alastair904)
I think this is as good a place as any to loose my posting virginity, you should feel honoured Quiet Mason.
post of the month
Q_M
Rep:
?
Definatly not. Alex Luis post of the month surely?
Lady Venom
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The RAF may be shrinking but recruiting is high due to the high PVR rate to name one reason.

And how do you know that IOT 10 is over full?! They'll still be recruiting for IOT 10 now.
Dagowly
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Quiet_Mason)
Definatly not. Alex Luis post of the month surely?
erm... nope.

If he was truly patriotic, he'd have moved back to the UK
Dagowly
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The RAF may be shrinking but recruiting is high due to the high PVR rate to name one reason.

And how do you know that IOT 10 is over full?! They'll still be recruiting for IOT 10 now.
Because they can only take on a certain amount due to resources, Cadet-to-teching ratio's and to fill rooms. You going to put 150+ people in a set of barrack blocks that can only take only a bit more? They'll move the places to make up for the lacking in the other groups.
Q_M
Rep:
?
PVR rate?
wd40
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
PVR – Premature Voluntary Release

Basically what you do when you want to leave the services before your term of engagement is finished. Can take anything from 12-18 months from putting in your PVR before you’re released from the service.

A certain number of PVRs are factored into the need for recruiting. A high PVR rate means more people are leaving than expected.
Lady Venom
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Which is currently whats happening. Also compared to other years there aren't as many people wanting to join up (although it still seems like a lot!)
Lady Venom
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Dagowly)
Because they can only take on a certain amount due to resources, Cadet-to-teching ratio's and to fill rooms. You going to put 150+ people in a set of barrack blocks that can only take only a bit more? They'll move the places to make up for the lacking in the other groups.
IOT 10 was nowhere near full when UAS bursars were moved to 9. The max they can take is 120 as that is all CHOM can accommodate. 9 was undersubscribed, as was 8.
Captainusa
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
IOT 10 was nowhere near full when UAS bursars were moved to 9. The max they can take is 120 as that is all CHOM can accommodate. 9 was undersubscribed, as was 8.
I've heard from loads of people (don't know where they are getting their info from) that there is going to be about 150 of us on IOT 10. Could all be *******s though. I do know it must be close to full though as some people who have passed OASC recently have been given IOT 11 places now.
Captainusa
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Dagowly)
As i said to you the other night matey, the RAF is shrinking.

Its doing it on purpose to save money by tri-servicing a lot of careers. By next year we're going to have 41k personnel.

There was a good post on here from someone in the know a couple of weeks ago talking about how recruiting levels were lower in the last couple of years and that this year they were returning to the levels that they used to at.
wd40
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Captainusa)
There was a good post on here from someone in the know a couple of weeks ago talking about how recruiting levels were lower in the last couple of years and that this year they were returning to the levels that they used to at.
Recruiting figures were reduced a few years ago as part of the manning plan to get us down to 41K. I remember visiting Cranditz a few years ago and couldn't believe how small some of the courses were. Don't forget that there was a voluntary redundancy package in force at the time, so theres no point pushing people through the front door when you're trying to kick them out of the back! The recruitment figures were always going to increase again once this 'adjustment' had been completed, although the rumours are that they're now short in most branches and trades!
Ruhr_Phantom
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I went down to my AFCO yesterday, the one in London and the member of staff I spoke to was really helpful and nice! It seems the application procedure had changed since I last went through it (although did not go all the way through it back in 2005) and you have to fill your paperwork in then they will give you a presentation date, and a filter hence forth.

Was given a rather good dvd that is really helpful and from what I remember includes a lot of things that are in the presentation anyways!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (91)
26.07%
No (258)
73.93%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise