Filter Interviews Watch

Lady Venom
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Dagowly, I did hear rumour that they were increasing IOT to 150/intake and obvioulsy X amount would have to be recoursed before movnig into CHOM. May be utter rubbish but who knows?
Q_M
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Just got back from my presentation, wasent as in depth as I thought it was going to be actually. Helped me with what else I need to learn, it was really good to meet some other applicants as well. Must say quite a range of clothing between us all!
Dagowly
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by InaSpin)
Dagowly, I did hear rumour that they were increasing IOT to 150/intake and obvioulsy X amount would have to be recoursed before movnig into CHOM. May be utter rubbish but who knows?
that would be almost infantile to do though. It'll be like being back at school
Lady Venom
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
yeh quite, exactly my thoughts....it will become a numbers game!
Captainusa
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Dagowly)
that would be almost infantile to do though. It'll be like being back at school
If it is true that there are 150 of us on the course do you not think they could find ways to cram more of us into CHOM?
Theo1977
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
If you're recoursed, surely that would swell the numbers of the course coming after you - so that, once the first intake is over and done with, every other intake would remain about 150, with recourses coming in roughly equalling those being recoursed off it? Or is that not how it works? :confused:
wd40
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm going back a few years with this but it might be of some use.

On my IOT we had around 120 cadets. This increased to around 140 when we received recoursed personnel from the intermediate course. With this increase they moved the medical holding flt out of No1 mess to make sure that we could all fit in. When the course moved over to CHOM, one or two flts had to stay in No1 mess as there wasn't enough room for everyone. A few weeks later, when we got 'filtered', our recoursed cadets moved back to No1 to join the junior sqn, and those hardy souls we had left behind in No1 joined us in CHOM.

This was all before the CHOM refurb, so don't read anything into the numbers as not all rooms could be used, and don't forget it was the old style IOT, so the recourse points will now be different.
Lady Venom
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
A good source tells me that IOT 10 has gone upto 150 places and that only 80 places have so far been taken.
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Mason, let me know when you have OASC.
Q_M
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
oooooo, what a plonker! I ment to put "just got back from my presentation!"

Sorry for the confusion with the peoplethat have PM'd me!!!
I_L_S
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Theo1977)
I got the list from Isis, just wanted to say it's excellent and very helpful! (Although I'm still struggling on "how will your school remember you?"!)
Theo do you still have that list?

Do you need to know every single raf base or is it just flying bases they expect you to know?

I've got my filter booked for the 3rd of march. Had to book it otherwise I woudn't be seen till the end of may. :confused:
PasserBy9
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You will need to know the main/big Stations and any Stations that are relevant to your Branch.
xxRAFNurse2bxx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
As far as CHOM and recoursing goes.. at the moment, people who are being recoursed are staying in CHOM and just getting moved around to be woth their new lot!

Think theres about 140+ (ish) there just now! x
Berrs003
Report 10 years ago
Note: Graduation from most recent IOT was 7th FEB as i was at OASC at the time

Thought i'd add that
Q_M
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by Berrs003)
Note: Graduation from most recent IOT was 7th FEB as i was at OASC at the time

Thought i'd add that
Scholarship?
Sandy391
Report 10 years ago
I'm in for scholarship, and am off in 2 weeks from today (!)

The filter interview was actually quite enjoyable I found. They ask you questions mainly about yourself and only a bit about the RAF (I am in for pilot and was asked about the trg). It is NOT your selection interview, just a little check to see if you are switched on enough to go to OASC. Don't worry about it, be yourself, show enthusiasm and be prepared to answer questions about yourself! Many people go there with tons of RAF knowledge and when asked 'so how long have you live at your current address?' are stumped!

I also know a guy who is at Boulmer now doing fighter controller training. For his OASC interview he memorised every single sqn number and its corresponding aircraft, he was not asked about any of this once! He did however say, it is comforting to have such knowledge and if you are interested in the RAF, which of course you should be, then it is no burden learning it.
Deadman0603
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Isis07)
QM - I'll echo Theo here, it's pretty useful, but you should be doing your own research too - your trying to impress them, what they sugggest is expected - exceed those expectations and do more off your own bat.

Are you one of the people i PM'ed with the list of possible questions? (quick disclaimer here - the list is not exhustive, it just give you an idea of the questions that may be asked at fliter and OASC) if not send me a PM if you want it and i'll dig it out for you.
dont suppose you still have that list for the filter interview knocking around mate ? wud find it dead handy
jon33
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Search for OASC checklist of something along those lines there a thread with a list of questions.

Edit: Here are two useful ones - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...af#post9839422
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=179177
Q_M
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I made an OASC checklist and also added a set onto the FAQ. I think I have an additional interview as well but that was geared towards people in the RAF already so was at a higher level. Think there on there.
Deadman0603
Report 10 years ago
its alright it was the first interview for trade anyway.. i had it this morning passed it =) just got the fitness now etc..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (273)
27.25%
No (729)
72.75%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise