Announcements

advice for an introvert?

ReputationRep:
    be funny

(Original post by Anonymous)
    advice for an introvert?
    be an extrovert

ReputationRep:
    Tbh being popular isn't a thing anymore.

ReputationRep:
    advice for an introvert?
    subtly shove yourself into different groups and weasel yourself in by using [crude] humour. Make your presence known and wanted

ReputationRep:
    Don't get addicted to TSR

ReputationRep:
    Popularity fades after high school, the word you're probably looking for is 'sociable' and having a great friend group.

Having a sense of humour is good. Not everyone can be born funny sadly, but even being able to laugh at a joke and take one is important.

I'd say watching your words is important too. No one really wants to pal around with someone who is two faced or *****y. If you have something negative you REALLY have to say, make sure it's worth it or it's justified.

Being available. Again, some have a full-time course and a job and other commitments but make sure you're there for your friends too. Turning down a hang out or a night together is okay when you're busy. Doing it all the time, on the other hand, makes it look like you don't want to go and you couldn't care less about seeing them.

ReputationRep:
    At the very heart of being popular, people simply like someone who is helpful, thoughtful and fun to be around. Use your natural sense of humour to your own advantage, and don't try to change your own personality or preferences just to convience others.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I don't like the idea of being popular. Looking back at all my class mates in high school, the popular ones always had drama in their lives and because they were too caught up with that it meant they didn't do very well in school (grades wise)

ReputationRep:
    Better to make a few real friends than a whole group of fake af ones. Honestly, just be yourself.

ReputationRep:
    advice for an introvert?
    Make an effort , or if you are like me then be interesting

ReputationRep:
    I would take my 4 best friends who have actually been there for me during some very dark times over 56 "friends". Popularity won't matter once you get outside the school bubble.

Quality not quantity.

But the golden rule is just to treat everyone as you would like to be treated.

Read how to win friends and influence people by dale carnegie . It's basic things like remembering names.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 26, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which is the best season?
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.