Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you ever done this? Sick of being incompetant Watch

Announcements

I really wanted to go to a sport taster session at uni as i have no friends/think id enjoy it and all that. I set out today nice and early as it was an hour and half away, got stuck in traffic and then when i got there couldnt find it. My sat nav didnt recongise the street so i got lost on some estate. I just thought i cant turn ip half an hour late so went back home. I feel so annoyed and incompetant. Have you ever done this? I did email the student in charge the day before but she only sent an email an hour before the event saying they were meeting at the uni by then i was on my way there in the car. Have you ever done this?

no...but I've certainly been late to things- like REALLY late. Is it not possible to go to another/ or go to the next one?

(Original post by homeland.lsw)
    no...but I've certainly been late to things- like REALLY late. Is it not possible to go to another/ or go to the next one?
    No, the trials/picking the team is next week. I dont even know the rules to the sport fully lol. Maybe i should have just been really late then instead of comming all the way back home

ReputationRep:
    Wasnt there a number for you to phone someone? I would have got there late you did spend an hour and a half driving there i would not have gone back home. Next time just park somewhere and ask someone to give you directions.
    • Very Important Poster

I tend to plan things. I would have one anyway. Join as a reserve. You cna do soem research on the rules. As with most societys the challenge is to keep going even though it can be awkward at first.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.