GCSE Maths Resit Help

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if anyone could help me... I sat my GCSES in May/June this year and on the day of my second maths exam (I did the higher paper) I felt really unwell and subsequently fell asleep after only completing 7 questions. Both papers combined, I was 5 marks off a C so I was advised to send my papers off To be remarked. They have just came back and my mark went up to 69 - 1 mark off a C. I now attend college and have been put straight on a year long course where I will be sitting the foundation paper in June, I am being told there is no chance I can sit the higher paper, despite the fact I was so close to a C and didn't even finish the paper. (Please note that I safely passed all of my mocks) Does anyone have any advice? Is there any chance I could pay to privately sit the higher paper in November? I have always struggled with foundation, which is why my school opted to put me on higher in the first place. I really don't know what to do :/

ReputationRep:
    My daughter is resitting privately at her old school( she has gone to a different 6th form who only offered her June exams ) i think it cost us 33. She is sitting the higher paper although only sat foundation in June. the only problem is you may have now missed the registration date. hope you can sort it good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carroll1234)
    My daughter is resitting privately at her old school( she has gone to a different 6th form who only offered her June exams ) i think it cost us 33. She is sitting the higher paper although only sat foundation in June. the only problem is you may have now missed the registration date. hope you can sort it good luck
    A bit late...

ReputationRep:
    It's still a useful suggestion even though the date has passed. Entries can be done after the normal registration deadline at the discretion of their exams officer, but centres are less likely to accept late requests now and the fee will be much higher.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSE Help)
    A bit late...
    At least i brought something to the discussion which may help rather than a comment just to have a dig!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollystevens22)
    I wonder if anyone could help me... I sat my GCSES in May/June this year and on the day of my second maths exam (I did the higher paper) I felt really unwell and subsequently fell asleep after only completing 7 questions. Both papers combined, I was 5 marks off a C so I was advised to send my papers off To be remarked. They have just came back and my mark went up to 69 - 1 mark off a C. I now attend college and have been put straight on a year long course where I will be sitting the foundation paper in June, I am being told there is no chance I can sit the higher paper, despite the fact I was so close to a C and didn't even finish the paper. (Please note that I safely passed all of my mocks) Does anyone have any advice? Is there any chance I could pay to privately sit the higher paper in November? I have always struggled with foundation, which is why my school opted to put me on higher in the first place. I really don't know what to do :/
    Discuss it. Tell them about your results and how you done Higher Tier and were really close to a C. Go to someone in charge and who will actually listen to you.

ReputationRep:
    I'm resitting my English language in june to achieve a Grade B because I got a C. Do you recommend anything? how do I go about this process?

ReputationRep:
    Discuss with someone at college who can help. If all else fails, get in touch with the board you are sitting and explain the situation to them.
    Might be a bit layw for this but it is always woth the try, try to resit it at your old school privately. Though this may result in higher cost.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 21, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Does your body insecurities make you avoid PE or exercise?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.