Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do i become a college teacher?????? pleaseeee help! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am in my final year at university, and i have now decided that i would like to go into teaching, but i don't want to teach in a primary or secondary school :/

i would like to teach in a college.
    but i'm confused as to how i would become a college teacher... would i have to do a PGCE? -__-

Also, i want to do a masters in Philosophy/Politics or something related to Politics after I graduate.. but a lot of people are saying doing a Masters is just a waste of money....
    so should I just go straight into teaching??

Any advice will be appreciated!
    Thank you! x

ReputationRep:
    You would do a PGCE or equivalent in FE. This is what I did. I did my degree, then a PGCE and am now teaching at a college while doing my masters.

I would never say a masters is a waste of money, but you don't need on to teach at college level.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.