Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

John McDonnell calls for Tory MP to be murdered Watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7328876.html

This man is utterly disgraceful. After calling for her to be murdered in 2014, he now calls her a "stain on humanity".

The person who is the stain on humanity is the one who gushingly praised the IRA's "bravery" and said they should be "honoured" for their bombings and shootings.

In respect of the call for murder, he said at a meeting which called for McVey to be sacked, "Why are we calling for her to be sacked, why don't we lynch the *****?".

ReputationRep:
    Except he didn't

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    He's an appalling figure, but he's also a totally irrelevant one. I'm less concerned about the views of these disgusting ***** than I am about the possibility of giving them the oxygen of publicity and allowing them to become an acceptable part of public discourse.

He should be ignored, or alternatively dealt with quietly by the police.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paul514)
    Except he didn't
    Superb response Very persuasive.

With such an exceptional wit, I'm guessing you're at Oxford, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    He's an appalling figure, but he's also a totally irrelevant one. I'm less concerned about the views of these disgusting shits than I am about the possibility of giving them the oxygen of publicity and allowing them to become an acceptable part of public discourse.

I disagree, he's a public figure and he needs to be called out. Ordinary voters have to see how revolting these people are, that's the only way the Labour moderates have a chance to recruit significant numbers in the 2018/2019 leadership challenge (if the party lasts that long).

Obviously you have a particular political view that means your motivation is not to see Labour a viable party again, but for those of us who do the long-term programme of discrediting and exposing these people is vital.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    He's an appalling figure, but he's also a totally irrelevant one. I'm less concerned about the views of these disgusting shits than I am about the possibility of giving them the oxygen of publicity and allowing them to become an acceptable part of public discourse.

He's a highly influential figure within the Labour Party at the moment. No way can you call him irrelevant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexanderHam)

It's the only required response, he didn't say she should be lynched.

I watched the interview

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    he really didnt so delete your account and avoid the embarrassment

ReputationRep:
    Momentum are now organizing children groups, there was a kid on earlier who, when asked if he knew Theresa May said he did, that she is an evil woman. This would all be laughable weren't it for the truly bilious and nasty undercurrent to it all, how much momentum can all this gather?

ReputationRep:

I watched the interview

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He has said it in the past and when given the opportunity to take it back and apologise to Esther he didn't.

ReputationRep:

I watched the interview

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If he was 'only' quoting others, which I assume is why you are defending him, he COULD and more importantly SHOULD have condemned anyone who did say it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viffer)
    If he was 'only' quoting others, which I assume is why you are defending him, he COULD and more importantly SHOULD have condemned anyone who did say it.
    The article said he allegedly made the comment at a comedy event. So even if it was true, which I don't know I haven't seen anything which shows him doing so, surely the context that it was at a comedy event would mean it was not serious?

The impact this MP had on the disabled of this country however, was serious, let's not pretend this was some whiter than white woman, I'm not condoning making death threats to anyone, but she caused suffering to millions of disabled people in this country. Those Atos centres that found people fit to work, sanctioning them while they waited for a response to their appeal, leaving then without money for weeks if not months before, in most cases, the decision was reversed, were disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slaw92)
    The article said he allegedly made the comment at a comedy event. So even if it was true, which I don't know I haven't seen anything which shows him doing so, surely the context that it was at a comedy event would mean it was not serious?

The impact this MP had on the disabled of this country however, was serious, let's not pretend this was some whiter than white woman, I'm not condoning making death threats to anyone, but she caused suffering to millions of disabled people in this country. Those Atos centres that found people fit to work, sanctioning them while they waited for a response to their appeal, leaving then without money for weeks if not months before, in most cases, the decision was reversed, were disgusting.
    "I'm not condoning the death threats but....."*

Pull the other one, that's exactly what you're trying to do. It's even more blatant than the "I'm not racist but....." *:lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KimKallstrom)
    "I'm not condoning the death threats but....."*

Pull the other one, that's exactly what you're trying to do. It's even more blatant than the "I'm not racist but....." *:lol:
    No I would never condone death threats, if you read what has been said however and you don't who she is then your obviously going to immediately jump on John McDonnell whether he made the remark or not.

I had a friend who was very mentally ill. This friend was found fit to work and instead of telling anyone about the fact he had been sanctioned, he committed suicide because he was struggling and felt ashamed about the fact a "doctor" said he was fine.

I do have personal hatred and disgust towards her and Iain Duncan Smith but I would rather the many petitions and groups out there, started by families of friends of people who found themselves in a similar boat, get the legal justification deserved.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viffer)
    That's exactly what he did he quoted someone who said it and didn't express it himself.

The thread therefore is a lie.

As for your point of condemnation i find that sort of stuff sanctimonious and acting very false.

It's not down to him the actions of another and there is nothing he can do about the actions of another especially when it is randoms posting stuff on the internet.

As a side note I'm not a Corbin Supporter or a labour voter

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Obviously you have a particular political view that means your motivation is not to see Labour a viable party again
    Not at all. For a start, I'm from Scotland - I see the demise of the Labour Party as a huge threat to the integrity of my country, given the distinct possibility that centre-left voters will be won over to the SNP when the choice is between them or the Conservatives.

There's also plenty of wider issues. I'm a Conservative, but Theresa May's government is very much on probation with me. I'm concerned about the direction its taking over the EU as well as plenty of other issues, not to mention some of the appointments she has made. She should not be able to act with impunity.

I fully accept the need for a healthy Labour Party and am deeply concerned that we don't have one at the moment.

(Original post by KimKallstrom)
    He's a highly influential figure within the Labour Party at the moment. No way can you call him irrelevant.
    This presupposes that the Labour Party is remotely relevant at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    That's exactly what he did he quoted someone who said it and didn't express it himself.

The thread therefore is a lie.

As for your point of condemnation i find that sort of stuff sanctimonious and acting very false.

It's not down to him the actions of another and there is nothing he can do about the actions of another especially when it is randoms posting stuff on the internet.

As a side note I'm not a Corbin Supporter or a labour voter

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Tosh

ReputationRep:
    First, there is no quote from McDonald in that article.

Second, the assertion the comment was worse bevause McVey is a women is ridiculous and pathrtic.

ReputationRep:

You on the verge of another breakdown or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dingleberry jam)
    You on the verge of another breakdown or something?
    Are you still butthurt over being steamrolled by me in a debate? Frankly I'd forgotten your existence until you popped up just now to remind us how deeply it touched you.

I thought I was going to add you to my ignore list.. well, I'll do that now. Life's too short to spend it interacting with the likes of you

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: October 11, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Is GoT overrated?
General election 2017 on TSR
Register to vote

Registering to vote?

Check out our guide for everything you need to know

Manifesto snapshots

Manifesto Snapshots

All you need to know about the 2017 party manifestos

Party Leader questions

Party Leader Q&A

Ask political party leaders your questions

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.