The Student Room Group

Jealousy when friends get hit on?

I was out on Saturday and had quite a few guys coming up to me and whatnot, but I didn't really see any going up to my friends (I may have just not been paying enough attention)

However it made me curious, when going out do you ever get jealous if people are paying attention to your friends instead of you, or do you not really care because there's plenty of other people there?
I used to jealous and upset when my friend got hit on, until I put myself out there properly. :smile:
Usually it's nothing to do with how you look vs how they look. The girl who's wearing the reddest lipstick, wearing the more revealing outfit, looks more confident and is dancing more provocatively will get hit on the most
I feel annoyed for them, being the recipient of unwanted male attention isn't pleasant
Reply 4
When I was single, it did bother me a little but at the same time I was also relieved no one approached me as the thought of a stranger trying to chat me up terrified me :colondollar:
Reply 5
I'm just glad that it's not me!

But yeah, it happens a lot when I go out with my sister. She'll get hit on about 3 times a day, there's no way I'd want that kind of attention daily
I'll share a nice anecdote: one time, my friends and I went to a nightclub. A girl poked him in the cheek at the queue to get it, and danced with him in the club. He went back to hers and poked her too if you get me. I was laughing the whole time because I was drunk as **** and didn't care at all.

If they get jealous, it's probably because they're neurotic about attention imo.
Original post by wickedisgood
do you ever get jealous if people are paying attention to your friends instead of you, or do you not really care because there's plenty of other people there?

Ill be honest, I might get a little peanut butter jelly but then I just find someone else to talk to....
No. My friend and I laugh :u:

Quick Reply

Latest