Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So, living with 3 others I find that once the whole Freshers fades away and you get back into the glug of uni work and general work I find myself getting very bored and lonely. Evenings are the worst, you get used to going out a lot and then suddenly it fades and you find yourself sitting doing nothing. My flat mates are in relationships so they're preoccupied. I've got a large group of friends but you know what it's like, finances always come into the equation. Any suggestions with how I can change this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goldenn)
    So, living with 3 others I find that once the whole Freshers fades away and you get back into the glug of uni work and general work I find myself getting very bored and lonely. Evenings are the worst, you get used to going out a lot and then suddenly it fades and you find yourself sitting doing nothing. My flat mates are in relationships so they're preoccupied. I've got a large group of friends but you know what it's like, finances always come into the equation. Any suggestions with how I can change this?
    Try organising things that are cheaper/free e.g. movie nights
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goldenn)
    Hello ,

Completely understandable - there are plenty of things you can do!
    Have evenings where you cook for each other, go out and explore your city, find cheap little cafes and places like that, have a film night where you all bring a really cheesy/crappy film and just laugh at it, have a study night where you all sit and chill and do some work in a comfortable environment, go on walks, do exercise, join a society and take part in what they are doing - the list is endless, don't despair!

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, thank you for the suggestions but even that is hard when the people you live with are busy doing their own things with their partners

ReputationRep:
    Hey, there's a website called MeetUp which random people get together to take part in activities, a lot of them are free, some have a cost (such as the cinema). Here is the website - https://www.meetup.com/

Volunteering is also a good way of occupying your time and meeting new people (and it's free). Do-it has a huge list of opportunities available and some should be in your area - https://do-it.org/

You might have to get used to the idea that you're going to have to put yourself out there on your own, even with your flatmates around. If you're feeling lucky, you could try finding your own partner - http://uk.pof.com/

And there's always The Student Room! hehe

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.