Temporary work during placement year

    • Thread Starter

    I'm on an unpaid student work placement until sometime in July next year. I really need some sort of part time paid work to earn a bit of extra money, but some places ask for at least 12 months of work, so probably won't hire me if they know I'll be leaving before that period, which I likely will be as my student placement lasts for just less than 12 months and I'm already several weeks into it.

    What sort of work do you think I should be looking for in this situation, and how would I find it? I was thinking maybe working in a pub, but I don't know how to go about getting that sort of job considering local pubs don't tend to advertise as widely as a supermarket would do.
Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 26, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Which is the best season?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.