Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    has anyone else?

I got Derby hall? does anyone know if they're nice or not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cynthia7984)
    has anyone else?

I thought they don't let you know until it's confirmed that you have met your grade requirements.
    Derby hall is nice, from what I've seen.
    Why don't you check out thier website, sorry I can't remember what it is you'll have to go through the accom website.

ReputationRep:
    I have an unconditional offer (already have my grades) and they let people with them know by the end of July.

Will check out the website, ta x

ReputationRep:
    so long as i get into uni park i dont care too much. when do we know which halls we are in... the day we get our results or longer?

ReputationRep:
    im going to Hu Stu, pretty pleased, had my heart set on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PuffDaddy)
    I thought they don't let you know until it's confirmed that you have met your grade requirements.
    Derby hall is nice, from what I've seen.
    Why don't you check out thier website, sorry I can't remember what it is you'll have to go through the accom website.
    I stayed in Derby Hall when I went for a course at Nottingham. My room was really big, and comfortable, pretty nice actually (think it was A6). Some of my mates' rooms wern't as nice though, guess it's luck of the draw.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, most of the halls are very similar, and it makes absolutely no difference which hall you're in - you'll grow to love it!

ReputationRep:
    hey
    i applied for my accomodation on the 2nd of april, and I too hold an unconditional offer, yet I still havent heard anything..
    what is everyone else's situation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxroyaxx)
    hey
    i applied for my accomodation on the 2nd of april, and I too hold an unconditional offer, yet I still havent heard anything..
    You'll probably find out sometime this week as they said they'll let us know by the end of July. But if you havent heard anything by next week just ring up the accom. office.

ReputationRep:
    You'll probably find out sometime this week as they said they'll let us know by the end of July. But if you havent heard anything by next week just ring up the accom. office.
    will do. thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxroyaxx)
    hey

Yeah I agree, dont worry too much!

I applied within one/two weeks of the forms being sent out (although I ended up doing it online) and I havent heard anything yet either. Im post a-level too.

Having said that, its definitely on my mind that I should really be hearing now-ish, so if you do ring them in the next couple of days, itd be great to know what they said.

ReputationRep:
    Some of you may find the following of use:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Univers...s_of_Residence

There are links on all the individual hall pages to the JCR websites and 360 degree pictures (where they exist).

ReputationRep:
    has anyone else?

http://www.derbyhall.co.uk

Yes, derby is nice. it has a nice bar and quad area thing going on. Beds are nicely sized to sleep 2

oo, just noticed you can browse through last years Derby resisdents...see if you can guess which ones my girlfriend people!

ReputationRep:
    Darn, I haven't found out my dorm yet >_<....grrrr. But i'm probably going to be in Cavendish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stu673)
    http://www.derbyhall.co.uk

Yes, derby is nice. it has a nice bar and quad area thing going on. Beds are nicely sized to sleep 2
    Cheers! thats good to hear! im sooo looking forward to it

ReputationRep:
    Hi just to let you know...

I rang the accom dept today. They said they were running behind schedule, and that I should hear in the next week, but that it could take up until the 14th of August.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polarbear)
    Hi just to let you know...

I rang the accom dept today. They said they were running behind schedule, and that I should hear in the next week, but that it could take up until the 14th of August.
    Hey thanx for the info! I'll be waiting eagerly.

ReputationRep:
    Youre welcome!

I actually got my reply this morning.

I got offered Hugh Stu which is cool as that was my preference (no particular reason, just liked the bits Id seen and also good location). Hopefully everyone elses should be coming soon too.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 4, 2004
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.