Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Year 13 Journey

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone I hope everyone has started school just fine and is getting used to it ^-^ These past few days I have been so unmotivated so I have decided to post the hours that I did extra work + homework today with some few pictures.

Personally I didn't do well in my AS exams and its very discouraging to see people get As and Bs but I think after the AS something has clicked, I am not going to say that I am going to be a totally new person in a few days but I want consistency in my work. During my AS I revised like it was my GCSE's which now I have realised is stupid and just doesn't work but it also means that I have lots of AS reviewing to catch up on.
    I have carried on physics , biology and chemistry (I know I am crazy since I got very low grades , like I barely passed) which I know are heavy subjects but I am going to have to work harder than I ever have so here it goes ^-^

P.S any tips or resources ?
    Thankyou xxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yorobun)
    Hello everyone I hope everyone has started school just fine and is getting used to it ^-^ These past few days I have been so unmotivated so I have decided to post the hours that I did extra work + homework today with some few pictures.

Personally I didn't do well in my AS exams and its very discouraging to see people get As and Bs but I think after the AS something has clicked, I am not going to say that I am going to be a totally new person in a few days but I want consistency in my work. During my AS I revised like it was my GCSE's which now I have realised is stupid and just doesn't work but it also means that I have lots of AS reviewing to catch up on.
    I have carried on physics , biology and chemistry (I know I am crazy since I got very low grades , like I barely passed) which I know are heavy subjects but I am going to have to work harder than I ever have so here it goes ^-^

P.S any tips or resources ?
    Thankyou xxxx
    Good luck

Don't use hours as a quota, just do as much as feel like but it's also about the content and quality covered. Taking like 5 or 10 minute breaks to walk around or throw a ball in the air.. it all helps though nothing that can turn into a long time or make you not want to study.

With the sciences there's a lot of knowledge that you need to remember, which only happens if you process it a few times and maybe write it out and then practice as many questions as you can or draw pictures etc and aim to have these pictures in your head

ReputationRep:
    Day 1
    I have finished all my homework that are due in for tomorrow and now I am going to stay up probably up-to 12 am writing my biology notes and some physics if I am not too tired. But today has been a good day except that I forgotten that I had a biology homework to submit, I handed it in during lunch rather than on my lessons so I guess it's better than not handing it in.
    (I might post some pictures before I go to bed)
    @SeanFM thankyou for the advice ^-^

ReputationRep:
    Subscribing to this as I'm also in year 13 and do almost the same subjects (maths instead if physics) and seems like good motivation for me too. Although I do warn don't stay up and work all night give yourself atleast some break if your working on school stuff all day everyday you'll either go mad or give up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    GabbytheGreek_48 Thankyou ^-^
    Day 2/3 : sorry for not posting guys! I have been relatively busy, I have so much work to complete aswell but I finished my biology notes for the first topic so I am rewriting some physics from today. Ugh I hated biology today because we are doing ecosystem right now and its just note taking so I nearly dozed off but I can't afford to not like a topic so I am probably going to go over it. How was your day ? and what lesson are you the sleepiest xD

ReputationRep:
    Name:  20160930_121900.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  341.9 KB
    My chemistry notes, I have been writing them on my free and rewriting them with additional information from other sources later on. This week has been busy! I had 2 assessed homework due in today, I was up until 2 am today to get it all done. During the weekend though I didn't do much work which is really disappointing (I never seem to do work in the weekends )
    To be completely honest I have so much extra work to do which I have little to 0 time for BUT I should probably stop making excuses and do it.
    Bye x

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am really liking thermodynamics in physics right now because it actually makes sense. Chemistry is okay but I feel like we haven't done much theory, we have done practicals every single day for the past week and I am hoping my teacher doesn't cram all the theory into one lesson. I did one of my chemistry homework and I got a C which is decent but if I am being really honest I didn't do it all by myself and got some help from friends (who are like very clever) so I don't think I earned it.

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry practicals are fun though and yeah if your teacher does that slap him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.