Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Office 365 Subscription Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    SoI bought an Office Subscription but no longer need it right now. Can I keep it and use it next year? As in do they have expiry dates?
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the subscription you purchased. If you purchased a year long license then it'll expire after a year and you'll have wasted your money. If on the other hand you have a lifetime license then no it won't expire.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acsel)
    Depends on the subscription you purchased. If you purchased a year long license then it'll expire after a year and you'll have wasted your money. If on the other hand you have a lifetime license then no it won't expire.
    But will the year one expire even if I haven't used it, as in I haven't actually scratched the product key bit yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gayabalas)
    But will the year one expire even if I haven't used it, as in I haven't actually scratched the product key bit yet?
    No, that's not how it works. The software is validated from the moment you activate it, not the purchase date. The product key should theoretically work whether you used it tomorrow or in 10 years. Check on the packaging though, it won't expire next year or anything if you haven't activated it but there may be some small print about when it will no longer function.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acsel)
    No, that's not how it works. The software is validated from the moment you activate it, not the purchase date. The product key should theoretically work whether you used it tomorrow or in 10 years. Check on the packaging though, it won't expire next year or anything if you haven't activated it but there may be some small print about when it will no longer function.
    Cool, that's what I thought. Thanks!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.