Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

what are some good skills to learn? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Outside of school? I will be doing a Non Stem degree and I am unsure about my career so yeah, I want to develop some skills to give me experience..

Coding? Probably not for me because I don't like maths, and the type of problem solving.

Design? Possible but I am not a naturally talented artist, I am kinda average and it maybe too late...

Acting, for some reason my mind always thinks lets become an actor, thing is I like TV acting but not theatre for some reason...

ReputationRep:
    Burping the alphabet

ReputationRep:
    List of Good Skills to Learn:

DIY:

Dancing:

Sass:

ReputationRep:
    Its never too late to develop art skills! Check out some simple tutorials online and follow them through.

You can also learn how to Photoshop; my sixth form used to offer random extra curriculum courses and this was one of them.

Another related to Photoshop and media would be film editing, which is an interesting and fun skill to pick up.

Check out local sports clubs and facilities, sign up for them eg. Badminton, volleyball, swimming or tennis.

You can do anything tbh
    Knitting? Sewing? Join cooking classes or baking classes?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    Outside of school? I will be doing a Non Stem degree and I am unsure about my career so yeah, I want to develop some skills to give me experience..

Coding? Probably not for me because I don't like maths, and the type of problem solving.

Design? Possible but I am not a naturally talented artist, I am kinda average and it maybe too late...

Acting, for some reason my mind always thinks lets become an actor, thing is I like TV acting but not theatre for some reason...
    cooking is a useful and fun skill
    being able to solve a rubix cube is also useful
    start a youtube channel
    volunteering
    world building
    also its never too late to pick up a pencil
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter

ReputationRep:

Chess

ReputationRep:
    x

learn an instrument? :holmes:
    • Very Important Poster

Touch type.

ReputationRep:
    arching ur back

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.