The Student Room Group

what are some good skills to learn?

Outside of school? I will be doing a Non Stem degree and I am unsure about my career so yeah, I want to develop some skills to give me experience..

Coding? Probably not for me because I don't like maths, and the type of problem solving.

Design? Possible but I am not a naturally talented artist, I am kinda average and it maybe too late...

Acting, for some reason my mind always thinks lets become an actor, thing is I like TV acting but not theatre for some reason...
Burping the alphabet
Reply 2
List of Good Skills to Learn:

DIY:

Dancing:

Sass:

(edited 7 years ago)
Its never too late to develop art skills! Check out some simple tutorials online and follow them through.

You can also learn how to Photoshop; my sixth form used to offer random extra curriculum courses and this was one of them.

Another related to Photoshop and media would be film editing, which is an interesting and fun skill to pick up.

Check out local sports clubs and facilities, sign up for them eg. Badminton, volleyball, swimming or tennis.

You can do anything tbh
Knitting? Sewing? Join cooking classes or baking classes?
Original post by SuperHuman98
Outside of school? I will be doing a Non Stem degree and I am unsure about my career so yeah, I want to develop some skills to give me experience..

Coding? Probably not for me because I don't like maths, and the type of problem solving.

Design? Possible but I am not a naturally talented artist, I am kinda average and it maybe too late...

Acting, for some reason my mind always thinks lets become an actor, thing is I like TV acting but not theatre for some reason...

cooking is a useful and fun skill
being able to solve a rubix cube is also useful
start a youtube channel
volunteering
world building
also its never too late to pick up a pencil :smile:
Reply 5

Chess
x

learn an instrument? :holmes:
Touch type.
Reply 8
arching ur back

Quick Reply

Latest