Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

women seem to suffer healthwise when they have children Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone notice that when families have children the woman seems to neglect herself presumably due to time pressures and the focus shifting from herself onto her child/children. Women tend to pile on weight seemingly due to lack if exercise/good diet. Of course biological reasons such as pregnancy and age could contribute to this too.

Its a kind of depressing thought about having children, that i might stop caring about myself. Ive noticed at my sports club (just my club im not generalising) that there are plenty of older men that take part in competitive sport but very few women.

There are lots of younger women but they seem to give it up as they get into their 20's. Do you notice this or is it just me? I think more focus should be made on older women doing sport as it is particularly women that need to stay active due to increasing rates of osteoporosis etc as they head towards menopause. Is itjust me who notices this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by indigofox)
    Does anyone notice that when families have children the woman seems to neglect herself presumably due to time pressures and the focus shifting from herself onto her child/children. Women tend to pile on weight seemingly due to lack if exercise/good diet. Of course biological reasons such as pregnancy and age could contribute to this too.

Its a kind of depressing thought about having children, that i might stop caring about myself. Ive noticed at my sports club (just my club im not generalising) that there are plenty of older men that take part in competitive sport but very few women.

There are lots of younger women but they seem to give it up as they get into their 20's. Do you notice this or is it just me? I think more focus should be made on older women doing sport as it is particularly women that need to stay active due to increasing rates of osteoporosis etc as they head towards menopause. Is itjust me who notices this?
    They just don't have the time. Too many men still expect a house wife even when the women works 5 days a week. If you work 9-5 and travel is an hour say that's already 8-6 gone. Then you get in at 6 and put the dinner on, do the washing, do some cleaning etc all for yourself, children and husband/partner you could be doing chores until 8. That's not thinking about the extras like helping children with homework, driving them to and from clubs etc. So you can understand how they don't have time for themselves, sad but true

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.