Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi I am interested to know if anyone is studying law at the open university? without any background in a similar subject or without having done a degree already? I have previously done level 3 in Medical and health science but I am considering doing law part time.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Have you enrolled onto the law degree? I am in a similar position this year. I want to do the BCAT and BPTC upon completion of the LLB Providing I get a good result!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i'm most likely going to do Law at OU too, without any past studies in Law or anything related :P I've read and watched youtube videos of people that have done the same and it was great for them :-)

ReputationRep:
    Registered on the Bachelors of Laws (hons), start date is 13th September, so i'm pretty excited about that.

Anyone here know what will be on the reading list or any good pre-work to do? I have no Law study experience and want to start ahead of the curve.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kgo6)
    Anyone here know what will be on the reading list or any good pre-work to do? I have no Law study experience and want to start ahead of the curve.
    You might find my posts in the "starting W101" thread helpful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kgo6)
    Registered on the Bachelors of Laws (hons), start date is 13th September, so i'm pretty excited about that.

I'm starting this October too Can't wait!

People on the Facebook group say that there's no need to read beforehand as it's all in the module coursework, but have you looked at Openlearn, there's a few beginner law courses on there

I have letters to a law student and What about law? books and they are both interesting

Hope this helps ;p xx

ReputationRep:
    My youngest daughter is doing Law on the OU. She doesn't use any external literature as it's all in the modules online.
    Tom Bingham's The Rule of Law is very good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sanjsk03)
    Hi,

Have you enrolled onto the law degree? I am in a similar position this year. I want to do the BCAT and BPTC upon completion of the LLB Providing I get a good result!
    Hi,

I am considering going down the same route! This year I am only doing w101.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaczers)
    Hi, i'm most likely going to do Law at OU too, without any past studies in Law or anything related :P I've read and watched youtube videos of people that have done the same and it was great for them :-)
    Have you got the names of any of the YouTubers you watched I have tried to find people but haven't been able to

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.