Major crush on a girl in a relationship

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    HELP.

I've known this girl for years, we met through mutual friends when we were 15/16 and we've always had good flirty banter. Anyway due to going to uni, growing up etc we haven't seen each other for a good few years although we have regular interaction on social media (liking and commenting on each others pictures etc). When we first met I only ever saw her a friend and nothing more. However, I recently bumped into her in a restaurant (ironically I was on a date with someone else) and I just couldn't take my eyes off her. She looked incredible, and again we exchanged a bit of flirty banter.
    When I got home I stalked her on social media (obvs) and noticed she had a boyfriend. I was gutted to say the least... I shrugged my shoulders and gave up on that idea, at least I thought I did... because over a month has gone by since we bumped into each other and I can't stop thinking about her.
    I came out of a three year relationship last October, and I've not been attracted to anyone as attracted I was to my ex until I bumped into this girl again. I'm normally quite a confident guy, especially talking to girls, but I was so nervous when I saw her!

What do I do? I don't want to me the guy who breaks up (or tried to break up) a relationship, but at the same time I really want her! Should I start a conversation with her? Even if I do, what do I say? Am I allowed to be flirty? I don't want to scare her away...

DAMN, I feel like I'm back in year 5, hahaha. HELP!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adollop)
    HELP
    What do I do? I don't want to me the guy who breaks up (or tried to break up) a relationship, but at the same time I really want her! Should I start a conversation with her? Even if I do, what do I say? Am I allowed to be flirty? I don't want to scare her away...
    You say nothing to her. Leave her relationship alone and find another girl. You shouldn't initiate a conversation with her either if you feel this way because you'll only end up liking her more and feeling worse that she's giving all her attention to her boyfriend.

ReputationRep:
    Let this ship sail, far away, to another sea, straight to the Bermuda triangle

ReputationRep:
    You sound like a *******, every girl should run away from you.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 26, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which is the best season?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.