St Mary's College, Durham - 2017 applications thread

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016
Admissions Testing Service Exams Discussion Rules - Please read before posting! 02-11-2016

ReputationRep:
    Well done for choosing the best college at Durham to apply to!

If you're posting here for the first time!...

GCSEs -
    AS - (if you did an internal exam please don't class it as an AS because it isn't!)
    A2 (predicted) -
    Subject -
    Supra-curriculars -
    Any additional info -

ReputationRep:
    GCSEs - 1A*, 5As and 5Bs
    AS - AAAB in Maths, Politics, History and Biology respectively
    A2 - A*A*A in Maths, Politics and History respectively
    Subject - Economics (with placement)
    Supra-curriculars - PwC work experience, Citigroup economics lecture, read lots of books, model UN
    Any additional info - top 10% in my GCSE year, one of the best sets of AS results in the year, only 7% of AS grades were A grade

ReputationRep:
    Bump

ReputationRep:
    GSCE's: 8 A*s, 3 As + 1 B
    AS Levels: ABB in Geography, History and Philosophy
    A2 Levels: A* D2 (A* at Pre-U) AA in EPQ, English Literature, History and Geography (applying post A Level so these are my actual grades)

Subject: History
    Supra-Curricular: Rugby Captain, debating society, sports colours, pastoral mentor

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of applying for St. Marys. I'm struggling to see if it is close to the Government and International Affairs building (I'm applying for Politics with Integrated Foundation Year as I didn't attend Sixth Form or College but started working from 16 in Marketing and Communications in Education, the Arts and eventually in Politics.)

GCSE's 3B's, 3C's

A Levels - Non

Subject: Politics

Supra-Curricular: Arts (and how it relates to Politics), worked for an MP. heavily involved in The Labour Party and The Co-Operatives and helped co-ordinate campaign activites for StrongerIN and Another Europe is Possible.

Any advice/other positives regarding St. Mary's would be appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    GCSEs - 5 A's 3 B's 4 C's
    AS - A A C
    A2 (predicted) - A* A* A
    Subject - Law
    In the Top 10 GCSE in my school year

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone

GCSEs- 4 A*s, 3 As, 3 Bs, 1 C.
    AS- 3 As, 1 B
    A2 (predicted)- A* A* A
    Subject- English
    Supra-cirricular- founded my school's very first newspaper, volunteered at a local paper, volunteered at a local library, member of the debate team, media and publicity prefect for my school, was lucky enough to get a place on the Sutton Trust Summer School program.
    Additional info- was the only person in my year to get an A* for English language and English literature, despite having the flu during my exams.

ReputationRep:
    Hi people.

GCSEs: 6A*s, 5As, B and an A in FSMQ
    AS: AAAAA
    A2 (predicted): A*A*A*A*A*
    Subject: Mathematics
    Supra-curricular: Life...
    Additional info: Addicted to ukulele and do additional further maths.

ReputationRep:
    GCSEs: 8A* and 4 As
    IB Prediction: 41/45
    Subject: English Lit.
    Supra-curricular: Chair of Politics Society, External officer of Lit Soc, organised a conference on the Romantics.
    Additional info: nothing really!

ReputationRep:
    GCSEs - 11 A*s
    AS - AAAA in Bio, Chem, Physics and Maths, with a predicted A in Further Maths
    A2 (predicted) - A* A* A*
    Subject - Computer Science
    Any additional info - I've received an offer, and applied to St. Mary's so hopefully that's where I'll be allocated!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard back yet?
    I got an offer (conditional for A*AA) a week or so ago and am super excited

ReputationRep:
    Hi there
    I've gotten an offer, applied for St. Mary's so hopefully will get that - conditional, 37/45 in the IB
    GCSEs: Didn't sit them, did MYP
    IB Predicted: 41/45
    Subject: Politics
    Extracurriculars: Taken part in Model United Nations since 2012 (attended 8 conferences, won 4 awards and Chaired at THIMUN Qatar twice and Chair the club at our school), officer for Students Against Prejudice, taken part in MESAC Forensics
    Additional info: Lived in 6 countries, can't wait to make the UK my 7th

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 23, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.