The Student Room Group

Medicine 2017 entry+ backup course help please?

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone could give me a little help and information about the sorts of courses or jobs to do if Medicine doesn't work out? This year will be my second attempt after unfortunately missing out on my conditional offer for Medicine last year due to my a level grades, got a B in chemistry when I needed an A:frown:
I'm repeating my alevel and I've already weeded out the unis that I have a shot at as a repeat applicant and I have my application revamped, due to do ukcat on Thursday!
But I'm really struggling to find courses that are appealing to me to use as my backup if it doesn't work out this year because if I don't get in I'll be very limited for options without a backup course:/
Any courses and a bit of info about them if you can? I know biomed is popular but anything else aswell
The idea of being a paramedic has always kinda appealed to me as well but medicine has always been my dream, but any courses in the medic field or sciencier field that could lead to job prospects in healthcare as well if you know any!!
Thanks 😋
Biomed at St Georges. You can transfer to medicine after the first two years I believe, although its fairly competitive.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending