Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

New to sex - bleeding afterwards? Watch

Announcements

I am quite new to sex and have had it 5 or 6 times. After my first time, I bled quite a lot but expected to as I know this is quite common. However, every time I've had sex since, I have also bled. The amount of blood each time has decreased, but I was just wondering if this is normal or whether I should get checked out by a dr?

ReputationRep:
    Did u use a condom ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by nerdling_CompSci)
    Did u use a condom ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes, does that make a difference?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yes, does that make a difference?
    Yes its normal

But when its hurts every time. U need a doc

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, I had a similar issue, intermittent for two years. I mentioned it to the Doctor in passing at a pill check up and it would seem that it is not normal! The bleeding can be caused by cervical erosion which can be caused by the pill but also cervical cancer... I would strongly urge you to see a GP. Not to worry you as it may be normal and even with cervical erosion, it's not a massive issue. But on the off chance, I would definitely get it checked.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi, I had a similar issue, intermittent for two years. I mentioned it to the Doctor in passing at a pill check up and it would seem that it is not normal! The bleeding can be caused by cervical erosion which can be caused by the pill but also cervical cancer... I would strongly urge you to see a GP. Not to worry you as it may be normal and even with cervical erosion, it's not a massive issue. But on the off chance, I would definitely get it checked.
    Oh my gosh, thank you so much for telling me this, I will make an appointment asap

ReputationRep:
    You should go get yourself, there could something serious that you might not be Know.

I bled similarly to you (by the sounds of things) and for the next two times afterwards, decreasing as you have done and since then it's stopped and I've been fine! If you're worried there's no harm in seeing a doc tho

ReputationRep:
    See a doctor to make sure things are fine.
    Hope all is well 😯
    Oops semi old thread. Bit late on my advice. But better late than never. By this time im assuming you've seen the doctors?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.