Help with BIO revision (OCR - AS) - a few questions Watch

shohaib712
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
My textbook is so annoying. E.G. fo light microscopes it talks about mounting before explaining the preparation of slides. shouldn't it be the other way around when I make notes about preparing for light microscopy??

How do you know what to revise, the spec is soo vague and the book has too much stuff, so I dont know what I need to know/dont need to know?

Do you need to know the labelled diagrams for the microscopes? e.g. stage, eyepiece

Do you need to know exactly how light micrscopes works?

Do you need to know about cell theory? - mentioned on first page

Last question: I don't get what the spec means by: "The use of microscopy to investigate different types of cells and cell structure in a range of eukaryotic cells"

My textbook says: "by making visible the individual cells which make up a multicellular oganism, microscopes allow us to investigate details of how their cell structure relate to their function"

Can you explain it with the textbook or combine the two together to get an easier explanation

Thank you! Sorry for all the questions, I just really confused
shohaib712
Rep:
?
bump
shohaib712
Rep:
?
PLease help
shohaib712
Rep:
?
??
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1234)
79.61%
Leave (316)
20.39%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed