Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

answering Edexcel AS level Economics multiple choice questions? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I was looking at the mark scheme and I found out that I can get marks by explaining why I chose the answer, or by rejecting the other three options.

Is it possible to get full marks by a combination of explanations and rejections? So one mark for explaining why I chose the answer, and two marks for rejecting two of three options.

Or does it have to be all three marks from one type? So all three marks for explaining or rejecting all three other options.

Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    Yes you are right it can be any way, mostly (unless it has changed) it's max 2 rejection marks however these tend to be the most difficult ones for some people as a lot of students think just saying "it cannot be this blah blah blah" and they write a rejection which isn't actually logical, for which they get no marks for. Easiest way is a definition, diagram, and small explanation. A rejection can also be mentioned to "confirm the marks". Got 90/100 like this this year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azizadil1998)
    Yes you are right it can be any way, mostly (unless it has changed) it's max 2 rejection marks however these tend to be the most difficult ones for some people as a lot of students think just saying "it cannot be this blah blah blah" and they write a rejection which isn't actually logical, for which they get no marks for. Easiest way is a definition, diagram, and small explanation. A rejection can also be mentioned to "confirm the marks". Got 90/100 like this this year!
    Thank you so much!!

I'm sorry but if you have time, could you briefly tell me the essay structures for 4, 6, 10, 14, 14 mark questions in section B?

I did AQA Econ last year and I have no clue how I should answer edexcel essay questions...

are there any structures at least?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iStudyEcon)
    Thank you so much!!

I'm sorry but if you have time, could you briefly tell me the essay structures for 4, 6, 10, 14, 14 mark questions in section B?

I did AQA Econ last year and I have no clue how I should answer edexcel essay questions...

are there any structures at least?
    Yeah sure - however I must say I did Edexcel old spec but I can't imagine it will be drastically different. 4 marks is generally a definition or using data/reference like if they have a CPI inflation graph just quoting numbers or figures along with an explanation. 6 marks just analyse what the question is asking (one point with evaluation or two brief points with evaluation which is what I do). 10 marks generally involve definition (1 mark), diagram (2-4 marks), using data (which is up to 2/3 marks), one/two points with evaluation for the rest of the marks. Only additional thing you will have for 14 is that there is more in depth analysis of the points and a better evaluation needed! You're lucky, I had to do a 20 and 30 marker for my macro!! :P good luck if you need more help PM me or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azizadil1998)
    Yeah sure - however I must say I did Edexcel old spec but I can't imagine it will be drastically different. 4 marks is generally a definition or using data/reference like if they have a CPI inflation graph just quoting numbers or figures along with an explanation. 6 marks just analyse what the question is asking (one point with evaluation or two brief points with evaluation which is what I do). 10 marks generally involve definition (1 mark), diagram (2-4 marks), using data (which is up to 2/3 marks), one/two points with evaluation for the rest of the marks. Only additional thing you will have for 14 is that there is more in depth analysis of the points and a better evaluation needed! You're lucky, I had to do a 20 and 30 marker for my macro!! :P good luck if you need more help PM me or something
    Oh my god you are soooooo kind...

Thank you so much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iStudyEcon)
    Oh my god you are soooooo kind...

Thank you so much!
    No problem!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.